What's new

Question About RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StevieLCFC

Occasional Visitor
What's the most stable f/w you guys running on your ax86u routers?

current f/w - 3.0.0.4.388_20566

Iam having issues connections on the network map bouncing up and down and currently devices like skyq and IoT devices keep loosing connections, surly there's a way of making my router more stable with afew tweaks

Last edited:
I vote for Asuswrt 386_49599 or Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2.
Try disabling DNS-over-TLS, if you have it set. Some IoT devices complain.

I vote for Asuswrt 386_49599 or Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2.
Try disabling DNS-over-TLS, if you have it set. Some IoT devices complain.
Ok going to try 386.5_2 , DNS over tls was already disabled, should i just let the default settings after a factory restore run for afew days see what happens?

Nope, use current Asus firmware and default WIFI settings. Fooling with the WIFI settings will result in headaches!
T9 just plays with his AX86U and does not use it all the time.

The recommended changes are valid for all routers, not only AX86U. T9 knows what the settings do. T9 also knows what is used in most IoT. Current Asuswrt for AX86U with so many GUI bugs is a shame release after so much waiting. Users as perpetual beta testers Asus style. The reason I won't use such a toy on my network and I only play with it. It was purchased for fun anyway.

Use fixed channel 20MHz wide for 2.4GHz band. Leave the router on Auto for a week, see what channel it uses most of the time. Non-DFS channels on 5GHz band 36-48 or 149-161 80MHz wide.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 50

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!