What's new

Question about system ram for RTN-66R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tetsuosan

New Around Here
This is my first post here and have been lurking for about a month learning the most I can about this router. A few weeks ago I loaded up .33 of Merlins firmware and noticed that the router would lose connection with all of my devices periodically throughout the day, regardless if it was wired or wireless. As soon as I would reset the modem, everything would go back to normal but the symptoms would arise a few hours later.

I then returned the modem to best buy and bought another 66R and proceeded to load up .34 SDK5 and for a few days now have not had to reboot the modem yet and the connections are a lot stronger.

A few minutes ago I decided to check the webgui and noticed that the router's ram has very little memory left (11mbs out of 256) and am worried that this might be the cause of the drops in connection. Is this something that I should worry about or is it normal for the router to use up that much ram. BTW the router is showing 6 devices connected to it.

BTW thanks for creating such an informative site and I appreciate any help in this matter.

Do you have any USB disk plugged to it? It can use a lot of memory if using Download Master or the media server. If using Media Server, make sure to put the location of the database on your disk instead of inside the default /var/cache directory (which points in RAM).