What's new

Question about VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jumpstarter

How would I go about adding support for my HE IPV6 tunnel to my VPN server, does anyone have any suggested articles to read, or simply any suggestions?

thank you for the suggested wiki, I have followed the instructions and I have a IPV6 tunnel setup already, I even have it configured to be updated VIA DNSOMATIC which gets updated by cru a curl command every so often. I am trying now to link this tunnel to the VPN server, this is the part i am stuck at, is it possible, and how would it be done.

This answer tells me that there is no native trigger to allow IPV6 from the router for vpn server, that doesn't mean that it cannot be configured in such away via custom config that it allows for the use of an IPV6 tunnel. I am not asking for a simple router "implementation", a switch, or a trigger. I am asking if the IPV4 traffic can be tunneled via 6in4 inside vpn server if HE tunnel is involved.

I am asking if the IPV4 traffic can be tunneled via 6in4 inside vpn server if HE tunnel is involved.
You're going to have to explain to me in a different way what you're trying to do. You don't tunnel IPv4 traffic in 6in4, you tunnel IPv6 traffic. "inside vpn server":confused:

I would guess you could probably do whatever it is you want but you'll probably have to entirely/substantially replace the router's config files.

You're going to have to explain to me in a different way what you're trying to do. You don't tunnel IPv4 traffic in 6in4, you tunnel IPv6 traffic. "inside vpn server":confused:

I would guess you could probably do whatever it is you want but you'll probably have to entirely/substantially replace the router's config files.
sorry my vernacular may be a little off, but i think i have found a solution. If it works I will let you know what i did so we are both no longer in the dark. Thank you for all of your suggestions and timely responses though.

sorry my vernacular may be a little off, but i think i have found a solution. If it works I will let you know what i did so we are both no longer in the dark. Thank you for all of your suggestions and timely responses though.
It should be noted though, that the method that I have found is not a method for allowing "Native" ipv6 -- which as @ColinTaylor points at is not supported on the router.