What's new

Question about WAN link aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am looking at buy the Asus GT-AXE11000. I plan on using the Xfinity Xb7 as the modem in bridge mode. Since I get 1.2Gbps to my home I planned on using WAN link aggregation on with Wan port and Lan port 1. I want to save the 2.5Gb port for my desktop that has a 2.5gb Nic. When I looked up setting WAN Link aggregation, Asus says if you enable this it disables NAT and Firewall features, plus a list of other features I am buying this router for. Did I read this wrong or am I just going to have to use the 2.5Gb port for the Wan? Thanks everyone for your help.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am looking at buy the Asus GT-AXE11000. I plan on using the Xfinity Xb7 as the modem in bridge mode. Since I get 1.2Gbps to my home I planned on using WAN link aggregation on with Wan port and Lan port 1. I want to save the 2.5Gb port for my desktop that has a 2.5gb Nic. When I looked up setting WAN Link aggregation, Asus says if you enable this it disables NAT and Firewall features, plus a list of other features I am buying this router for. Did I read this wrong or am I just going to have to use the 2.5Gb port for the Wan? Thanks everyone for your help.
If you use link aggregation you only will get a maximum of 1gbit speed for your device … it’s not bonding …
Is your modem equipped with a 2,5gbit port? (I don’t have knowledge of that modem)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online