1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Question on disk/flash usage df -h output.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Debu, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

1. Debu

Debu Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I ran df -h after trying to get rclone working...for what ever reason I run out of memory, but that is besides the point now as I was debugging to see if it cached something on disk as it was working.

I noticed the /dev/root is 100% used. Is this normal or did I somehow get stuff saved in there?
    Note: I've been playing with entware to get rclone working, but I was sure that stuff gets saved to /dev/sda1.

CODE
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 36.1M 36.1M 0 100% /
    devtmpfs 251.4M 0 251.4M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 251.6M 2.0M 249.6M 1% /tmp
    /dev/mtdblock4 64.0M 14.4M 49.6M 22% /jffs
    /dev/sda1 2.0G 90.5M 1.8G 5% /tmp/mnt/entware
    /dev/sda2 1.7G 497.3M 1.1G 30% /tmp/mnt/absolution

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

That's normal. /dev/root is ROM.

4. Debu

Debu Occasional Visitor

That was what I was thinking...but after mucking around with all this stuff yesterday, I wasn't sure if maybe I wrote something to flash.
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write back.

5. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!