What's new

Question regarding wireless device design.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jraynorlxx

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I found that many recent released Linksys routers not longer have those antennas outside the box.At the mean time, we can see D-Link still have their antennas around and netgear is doing half and half(may be more without it).
My question is about this. Does this change in design really indicates that most of those little and cheap antennas does nothing on the signal quality and range? Or can those onboard internal antennas just perform just as good as those common cheap plastic looking antennas? Or Linksys and netgear are just looking for some new design to stimulate their sales numbers regardless the quality of their product?

Yes, I know that the signal quality and effective range of the wireless network is related to a lot a lot a lot things. But I would love to know a bit more related to this little topic.

Thanks for any idea or explanation in advance.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!