What's new

Question with AI mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaad

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.

My house is big and old, I have double, yes double concrete walls on some parts so ai mesh with ethernet backhaul is the only thing that works for me after several tests with other brands.

My question is. I have 2 stories and a garden which is about 250 meters, I have a GT Ax11 and 2 zen wifi working together. I'm going to add another 2 because I'm building an office in the garden and the family room needs internet but how can I make my devices to disconnect from one mesh router and connect to the closest one. Even when the 3 that are working now are not that far from each other sometimes I see full bars but the internet is garbage because of the walls.

Is there some kind of rule in the settings to take full advantage of the routers?

Where possible maybe you can have the client connect by BSSID? There is also Smart Connect on some Asus gear where PHY thresholds may work for you which I haven't had enough experience with yet. In problem areas, can you get away with a low 2.4GHz channel? I feel your pain. Best of luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!