What's new

Questions about device deauthentication/disassociation and Access points.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dastdardlydeeds

New Around Here
I’ve been looking at the devices connected to my network and the connection statistics log and noticed my wife’s iPhone 11 has a deauthentication count of 28 within the last 3 days and a disassociation count of 560. My iPhone X and her work IPhone 8 have a deauthentication count of 0 and about the same disassociation counts 160/163. I’ve also noticed a log stating “BSS transmission response accepted” for different devices on our network and the destination ap changes by one character. I’m not sure what any of this means. We have ATT Internet with their gateway. What is deauthentication/disassociation and what causes it? And wouldn’t my network only have one access point for my gateway?

I’ve been looking at the devices connected to my network and the connection statistics log and noticed my wife’s iPhone 11 has a deauthentication count of 28 within the last 3 days and a disassociation count of 560. My iPhone X and her work IPhone 8 have a deauthentication count of 0 and about the same disassociation counts 160/163. I’ve also noticed a log stating “BSS transmission response accepted” for different devices on our network and the destination ap changes by one character. I’m not sure what any of this means. We have ATT Internet with their gateway. What is deauthentication/disassociation and what causes it? And wouldn’t my network only have one access point for my gateway?
I may be way off as I’ve only recently heard this term used - the context was the use of something that was essentially function as a jamming device. This was a conversation that required us both using translation but I gathered it worked by identifying a specific radio that would somehow inject itself into its protocol in a manner that caused the inability to function correctly.

This may be something lost in translation or completely off in my response.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!