What's new

Questions n ideas

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Senyon

New Around Here
So I may get things wrong but im doing my best to understand and researching hasnt helped me much tonight. It's safe to say im out of my league here and it's time to ask for some answers to my questions. I have a dsl connection using isp's router. Meaning it's connected via phone line hope I got that right at least. Now to the question part....

I have pretty decent wireless in the house and none in the shop. The shop has a phone line in it and is approximately 100-200ft away from the house and is a metal building, I understand frequencies are just going to bounce off my metal building as I get no cell service either ;)...

Is it possible to configure a second router as an access point utilizing the phone line? If not what are some suggestions you guys would recommend.

Reasons behind this if anyone cares lol turning it into a game room and work out room and I can't listen to my iheart lol. Thanks again. And im sure I left out some information just let me know what I missed and I'll get it. :)

If both building are on the same panel - give Humeplugs a quick try - order from the Amazon, and if it don't work, return them ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!