What's new

R7000 in Access Point mode - Guest mode with separate DHCP server or VLAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yahrun

New Around Here
I have an R7000 that I use in Access Point mode with a Fortigate Router/Firewall. The Fortigate serves up DHCP and the R7000 basically is just for WIFI. I'd like to setup two separate SSIDs, one for internal traffic and one for guest traffic. Ideally, I'd like them to be on a separate VLAN, but at minimum, I'd like to have them at least have different IP ranges (say 10.0.10.x for internal and 10.0.20.x for guests).

While I'm realizing this doesn't seem to be possible using stock firmware, I'm wondering if I can accomplish what I'd like using DDWRT or Merlin or some custom firmware, again in Access Point mode. Or should I just give it up and sell the R7000 and look at purchasing a Ubiquiti AP that seems like it will do exactly what I want it to do.

Thanks.

I have an R7000 that I use in Access Point mode with a Fortigate Router/Firewall. The Fortigate serves up DHCP and the R7000 basically is just for WIFI. I'd like to setup two separate SSIDs, one for internal traffic and one for guest traffic. Ideally, I'd like them to be on a separate VLAN, but at minimum, I'd like to have them at least have different IP ranges (say 10.0.10.x for internal and 10.0.20.x for guests).

While I'm realizing this doesn't seem to be possible using stock firmware, I'm wondering if I can accomplish what I'd like using DDWRT or Merlin or some custom firmware, again in Access Point mode. Or should I just give it up and sell the R7000 and look at purchasing a Ubiquiti AP that seems like it will do exactly what I want it to do.

Thanks.

You could post on Asuswrt-Merlin forum. It's a pretty active forum.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!