What's new

R7800 - Access Control question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dieter

Hello,

Before purchasing the R7800, I would like to know if there is some way to restrict a client from accessing the WAN during certain times during the day, every day? If so, can you please direct me to the specific setup screens to do that.

The manual talks about setting up a schedule for Keyword blocking, but I cant see the way to apply the schedule to a certain MAC address.

Is there an Emulator available?

There must be a way, but I have not found it in the manual.

Thanks much,
Dieter

The manual is not clear on this. On page 39 it says if you put a . (period) into the Keyword field, it will prevent internet WEB "Browsing". I want to stop ALL WAN access, not just HTTP.

For example, I want to stop the Google Chromecast device or an Ooma telephone box to access the WAN. Can I specify MAC addresses to be blocked?

Can this be done by blocking both Services TYPE on page 41?

Last edited:
It is possible to restrict by MAC address..so possible to set custom LPC settings per device using the NETGEAR Genie network map.

There is a decent YouTube video explaining this at:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!