What's new

R7800 and 160mhz setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thegr8anand

Occasional Visitor
A simple question but tbh haven't found a simple answer to how to set it up properly.

1 - So once i enable HT160 in advanced settings i need to select a DFS channel to use a contiguous 160 and not 80+80?
2 - Do i need to disable Mu-Mimo when using HT160 mode?
3 - How do i test if its working as intended?

My setup is R7800 using Voxel V1.0.2.74.3SF firmware + Kamoj addon. Connecting with a netgear A7000 AC1900 usb wifi adapter.

Thanks.

A7000 doesn’t support ht160 mode it already have 3x3 antenna for total of 1300Mbps for 5ghz and 600Mbps for 2.4Ghz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To Test, you need a client device that you know of that also supports 160Mhz. A connection rate of 1733Mbps will be see between the R7800 and any device that supports 160Mhz.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/160mhz-in-bridge-mode-on-r7800.55335/

You should be able to leave MIMO enabled however this may not be needed as you will also need a MIMO supporting device to take advantage of MIMO.
Try a DFS channel and see. Also the connecting device needs to also support DFS channels. Some may not.

A simple question but tbh haven't found a simple answer to how to set it up properly.

1 - So once i enable HT160 in advanced settings i need to select a DFS channel to use a contiguous 160 and not 80+80?
2 - Do i need to disable Mu-Mimo when using HT160 mode?
3 - How do i test if its working as intended?

My setup is R7800 using Voxel V1.0.2.74.3SF firmware + Kamoj addon. Connecting with a netgear A7000 AC1900 usb wifi adapter.

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!