What's new

R7800: block device from connecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wigster

Occasional Visitor
Hi

Network: I have Voxel's latest installed on an R7800. Netgear EX7500 extender in the rear part of my apartment. Extender replicates the SSID of the network and the password, so devices and generally handed over as they cruise around the house. Devices connected to the extender are given virtual MAC addresses different from their own.

I would like to force some devices to connect only to the extender and not the router (printer etc that get much better signal this way), but I would like to ideally keep the roaming for the other devices such as phones. I hoped this is what Access Control would do, but it seems to still sallow the connection to the router to occur as per normal but blocks any traffic to/from the device.

Is there some way of achieving this?

Does the EX7500 support Guest WLAN while in AP mode?
You could then perhaps have the Guest WLAN only enabledon the EX7500, and connect the printer to that guest WLAN ??

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!