What's new

[R7800]: Bricked / Dead - only eSATA led on

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

airgap

Regular Contributor
Hello,

yeah I know most of you guys are rolling with their eyes and thinking "omg what an idiot - what did he do his router?" and to be honest, yep I'm idiot but let me explain :D

I found on the router a command nandtest and searched in google about it and I said to my self: "Hey what a great idea to check if the device has issue on its NAND" and yes I wen trough the MDTs :D and somewhere on 11 or 12 it stuck and you are guessing it right I powered it off and on now I wish I could hit myself in the a** :D but that's normal and Darwins rule. Idiots die fast.

I searched for that issue and most of the times people hat this issue regarding connection drives to the E-SATA slot and had the oppurtinity to send it back to netgear but none of them did something "intelligent" like me -.-

Well I don't think there is a real solution but I thought you guys are pro and maybe someone has an idea and if there is nothing I can do - at least lead by example to NOT do things like that and hope that other find this thread before doing things like that :D

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online