What's new

R7800 damaged during shipping?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboynm

Regular Contributor
How much should I worry about an antenna being broken during shipping? The break is not the antenna itself but with the connector. My wife says she can connect to all 4 networks so far. I will be checking it tomorrow.

I got it on ebay along with a cable modem for about $120. The router was sold as perfect. Will it really mess too much with my range/bandwidth?

Ask for a replacement.

How much should I worry about an antenna being broken during shipping? The break is not the antenna itself but with the connector. My wife says she can connect to all 4 networks so far. I will be checking it tomorrow.

I got it on ebay along with a cable modem for about $120. The router was sold as perfect. Will it really mess too much with my range/bandwidth?

Contact seller ASAP with a picture of the damage. He has to claim with shipping carrier. Original shipping box for R7800 is pretty well made. Was it packed in non-OEM box?

It was packed in a shoebox with only some bubble wrap around it. He left the antennas on the sides but removed the ones on the back. :(

LOL seller just lost like $40 in to/from shipping because they didnt remove all the antennas. If i was the seller i would be pissed if i had to eat $40 out of a $120 item(plus close to 10 bucks in paypal/ebay fees). This is why i dont sell stuff on ebay anymore.

LOL seller just lost like $40 in to/from shipping because they didnt remove all the antennas. If i was the seller i would be pissed if i had to eat $40 out of a $120 item(plus close to 10 bucks in paypal/ebay fees). This is why i dont sell stuff on ebay anymore.

They commented that they had $100 insurance on it. Shipped via USPS Priority mail, in a shoebox with small amount of bubble wrap around it. They seem to think that I get to make the claim on the insurance for the item and that they don't have to do anything. *sigh*

They commented that they had $100 insurance on it. Shipped via USPS Priority mail, in a shoebox with small amount of bubble wrap around it. They seem to think that I get to make the claim on the insurance for the item and that they don't have to do anything. *sigh*

I’ve dealt with similar situation on eBay, but for an air filter with a frame, it was mishandled by FedEx, the seller took care of it and sent me a replacement immmediately and she claimed the damage cost from FedEx by herself.

Your seller should take care of it, especially since it was idiotically packed, that’s the result of laziness. All he had to do was take off the side antennas.

I've had really good luck with eBay intervening in my interest...one time I bought something and it didn't work at all. No refund or replacement, eBay re-embursed me. Think about what eBay can do for you if the seller won't do anything...like I say, they've been very helpful. You'll need to start a dispute with the seller via eBay, and then go through the required steps for that, but I'm sure that you'll get satisfaction out of it if you stay with it.

I was able to get this resolved. I bought a new router and brought it with me to my new home in Mexico. Thank you again for all your help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!