What's new

R7800 LAN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MikeRS

New Around Here
Recently I've been having an odd issue where the LAN on my R7800 randomly stops working. Wireless continues to work absolutely fine, but nothing connected via the LAN ports connects unless the router is rebooted. It happens every few days and is quite frustrating since my house is wired so my key devices like PC, Xbox One, etc stop working while everything on wireless is completely unaffected.

I'm currently on V1.0.2.60, but this issue has happened on multiple firmwares. I'm thinking of factory resetting and loading Voxels but I'm not sure if that will even help.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Recently I've been having an odd issue where the LAN on my R7800 randomly stops working. Wireless continues to work absolutely fine, but nothing connected via the LAN ports connects unless the router is rebooted. It happens every few days and is quite frustrating since my house is wired so my key devices like PC, Xbox One, etc stop working while everything on wireless is completely unaffected.

I'm currently on V1.0.2.60, but this issue has happened on multiple firmwares. I'm thinking of factory resetting and loading Voxels but I'm not sure if that will even help.

There appears to be an incompatibility between the Xbox One and the R7800 on Ethernet. There are reports of this problem back to 2016. Some users report success in turning off "Instant On" on the Xbox, but this does not work for many. Try connecting the Xbox via Wi-Fi and see if the problem goes away. You might also try inserting an Ethernet switch between the Xbox and the R7800.

Do you happen to have ipv6 enabled? I was having the same issues & I thought it was the router (R7800) I also tried both stock FW & Voxels but I was having the same issues w/ both FW.

I tried a completely different router and guess what??? I had the same issue. Wired would go down but wireless was still working??

I disabled ipv6 and haven't had an issue since. I am currently running voxels FW with ipv6 disabled and my isp is spectrum. Hope this helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!