What's new

R7800 list of known devices?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spocko

Regular Contributor
Context:
The "Attached Devices" screen allows you to enter names and device types for all attached devices. I have named all my devices there, and would like to save a copy of that info on my PC.

Question:
Does anyone know how to access that info for all known devices, including devices that are not currently attached?

A couple of existing menus in the web UI almost do the job, but not quite:
  • The hidden menu DEV_show_device.htm is nice, but it only shows currently-attached devices.
  • The access control menu AccessControl_show.htm does show non-attached devices, but it shows the default names instead of the user-specified names.
  • Neither of the above menus shows the user-specified device types. (But that's less important to me than the names.)
Any other way to do it? I'd be ok with going into the router via telnet to get this info manually if needed, I just don't know where to look.

The Kamoj add-on does this in e.g. the list of Bypass devices (Use latest beta!).
search nvram for device names using keywords; e.g.:
Code:
 nvram show | grep -E "static_router[0-9]|reservation[0-9]|device_list[0-9]|access_control[0-9]" | grep -v "(null)" | sort
For devices that are still unknown , you can get the manufacturer by check its MAC against open databases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!