1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

R7800 list of known devices?

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by spocko, Apr 2, 2020.

1. spocko

spocko Occasional Visitor

Context:
    The "Attached Devices" screen allows you to enter names and device types for all attached devices. I have named all my devices there, and would like to save a copy of that info on my PC.

Question:
    Does anyone know how to access that info for all known devices, including devices that are not currently attached?

A couple of existing menus in the web UI almost do the job, but not quite:
    • The hidden menu DEV_show_device.htm is nice, but it only shows currently-attached devices.
    • The access control menu AccessControl_show.htm does show non-attached devices, but it shows the default names instead of the user-specified names.
    • Neither of the above menus shows the user-specified device types. (But that's less important to me than the names.)
    Any other way to do it? I'd be ok with going into the router via telnet to get this info manually if needed, I just don't know where to look.

anhrzg likes this.
  2. kamoj

kamoj Very Senior Member

The Kamoj add-on does this in e.g. the list of Bypass devices (Use latest beta!).
    search nvram for device names using keywords; e.g.:
    Code:
     nvram show | grep -E "static_router[0-9]|reservation[0-9]|device_list[0-9]|access_control[0-9]" | grep -v "(null)" | sort
    For devices that are still unknown , you can get the manufacturer by check its MAC against open databases.

spocko, e38BimmerFN and Voxel like this.