What's new

R7800 MiniDLNA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kanzerx

New Around Here
Hello Everyone

I bought this router recently and works great except in one key area, Media server

I updated to latest voxel 1.0.2.74.3SF and media server scans and seems to work fine, but when I try to play a video file gets stuck loading then errors out on my Windows 10 PC, and on a hisense H8F AndroidTV, but on my LG B7 plays fine.

Downgraded to version V1.0.2.64SF and DLNA works fine on all devices so I know its a software issue on the router maybe config, dont really know.

I would like to run latest FW, but I really need DLNA to work on all my devices

Versions after .64SF just dont work for me, also tested official 1.0.2.68 same problem.

Any help would be great.

MiniDLNA relies on pass-through of Multicast. From a quick look at the firewall, multicast is not being passed through. I do not know about previous versions

Maybe @Voxel can look at it

MiniDLNA relies on pass-through of Multicast. From a quick look at the firewall, multicast is not being passed through. I do not know about previous versions

Maybe @Voxel can look at it

Funny thing is currently running bridge mode also did test on AP and router mode, same issue. One thing i saw was on windows first transfers the file then it plays it (that behavior is wrong i think, it should be streaming it on the fly).

Sent router back (refund), too much hassle, and looks like no one knows what the issue is...

will get a tried and working RT-AC86U

I am sorry but I can not control everything in my build. There are really problems with minidlna access from some devices (e.g. when using Windows 10). I suppose that problems are inside UPnP daemon from NG (no source codes are available). I can access it from Linux, from iPhone, IPad, from my Samsung Smart TV etc, but not from Windows 10... I cannot trace this issue. Just downloading by TCP port 8200 is not allowed from Win10.

Well, RT-AC86U is good router.

Voxel.

yeah,I know it's NG fault, excellent hardware but faulty software just doesnt work for me.

EDIT: Its not the port thats an issue is something else, RT-AC86U (MiniDLNA) works fine on same port. going by changelogs seems to be a FFMPEG issue

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!