What's new

R7800 Return to Stock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

revengineer

Occasional Visitor
Yesterday I installed the Kamoj v5 add-on with my Voxel firmware v1.0.2.75.2. I had some trouble with the addin and wanted to remove it by reinstalling the Voxel firmware. To me surprise, the Kamoj add-on survived the reinstall of the Voxel firmware via tftp. I understand that I can use "opkg remove..." to remove the add-on and I eventually went that route. However, I am wondering if there is a way to rid myself of other packages installed over time that may be lingering on the flash memory. Is there a way to go completely back to stock? I searched for hours without success , so I signed up for an account here to directly ask the question. Thank you for your advice in advance.

Thank you @kamoj. My understanding is that the nvram command only affects the router settings. Is it the "mtd erase netgear" that will remove any installed software/packages? I have seen this command mentioned in association with people having trouble with the radios. My radios are working fine so I did not try this.

Anyone know what the "Revert to factory default settings" option in the web UI does? Is it just the equivalent of "nvram default"?

It puts the currently flashed firmware to its default/nominal values.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!