What's new

R7800 usb drive with ext4/xfs not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fallenlad

New Around Here
Hi
i'm not able to use external hard disk formatted to ext4 or xfs however ntfs is working fine. since i dont have any windows machine, didnt see a point in using ntfs.

Im using R7800 with 1.0.2.67.1SF firmware. PFB df command output, its listing only the 32gb pen drive formatted to ntfs but not the other 320gb ext4 external drive connected to usb1. please help
Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Im using R7800 with 1.0.2.67.1SF firmware. PFB df command output, its listing only the 32gb pen drive formatted to ntfs but not the other 320gb ext4 external drive connected to usb1. please help
How did you format your ext4? There is note in my README:

1) Example to create ext4 filesystem with label “optware”:

mkfs.ext4 –L optware /dev/sda1

(or mkfs.ext4 –L optware -O ^metadata_csum /dev/sda1
for routers with kernel < 3.6, such as R7500/R7800)

i.e. use mkfs.ext4 with option above for R7800, in red color. It is because of changes in e2fsprogs package.

Voxel.

How did you format your ext4? There is note in my README:

1) Example to create ext4 filesystem with label “optware”:

mkfs.ext4 –L optware /dev/sda1

(or mkfs.ext4 –L optware -O ^metadata_csum /dev/sda1
for routers with kernel < 3.6, such as R7500/R7800)

i.e. use mkfs.ext4 with option above for R7800, in red color. It is because of changes in e2fsprogs package.

Voxel.
It works now. i didn't disable metadata checksum. thanks a lot for the quick help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!