What's new

Voxel R7800 + Voxel, IPv6 Prefix Delegation? [resolved]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuinTeknoLife

New Around Here
Hello all,

I'm trying to configure IPv6 DHCP now that my ISP supposedly has started v6 roll-out for their bridged modems. The only instruction they gave was to enable PD and set the PD size to /56.

I have found /etc/dhcp6c.conf and understand that this file can be used to alter DHCP6 settings, but I am not sure how to do/set what my ISP wants us to do/set. I've searched google extensively but the results only have increased my confusion regarding this setup, anybody here who has any idea what to do?

Setup: R7800 latest Voxels FW+latest kamoj addon, entware installed and available.

Firstly sorry for the double-post, but an edit would make this go unnoticed completely.

So, recently our modem got fried (incoming signal on the cable too strong apparently) so our ISP sent over a mechanic to fix the connection and swap out our fried modem for their latest issue modem. With this fresh new modem I suddenly see my R7800 (still on (latest) VOXEL +kamoj) getting an v6 address from my ISP delegated and well, resolving all issues I was having getting DHCPv6 going.

Apparently VOXEL/kamoj/configuration was not the issue, clearly the modem was the culprit here which is strange because both modems operated in bridge at all times :'D I did not expect that one but glad that I got it sorted out (without diving deep into dhcp6c) :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!