What's new

R7800 wifi clients can't reach wired clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

polocabbit

New Around Here
I'm having a strange issue where my wifi clients are not able to ping my wired clients on the same network. I'm able to ping wifi clients from wired though.

I'm on firmware 1.0.2.40 and I've performed a factory reset as well. The only thing I've modified out of the ordinary setup is VLAN tagging. My ISP requires a specific VLAN ID in order to log in and I have the ID applied to all ports and wireless.

I'm sort of a novice when it comes to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Update (2018-01-08)
I removed the VLAN to test to see if that was the cause of the issue, but I still had no luck. After reapplying the VLAN, I'm able to reach the wired client, but my response times for my pings are extremely high.

PcF7NLK.png

I've also tried downgrading to the previous version of the firmware with no luck on resolution of the high internal latency.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue which I have an open case with Netgear. I have a server connected via wire and two pc's connected via WIFI. All pc's can ping each other but the WIFI pc's have intermittent trouble connecting to the server services running on a range of ports. When I changed the WIFI pc's to be connected by wire everything works or when I connected the server via WIFI (all WIFI) everything works. There appears to be an issue between routing WIFI -> wired connections. I'm waiting for a response from Netgear.

I have a similar issue which I have an open case with Netgear. I have a server connected via wire and two pc's connected via WIFI. All pc's can ping each other but the WIFI pc's have intermittent trouble connecting to the server services running on a range of ports. When I changed the WIFI pc's to be connected by wire everything works or when I connected the server via WIFI (all WIFI) everything works. There appears to be an issue between routing WIFI -> wired connections. I'm waiting for a response from Netgear.
Are you running any VLANs at all like I have to?

I have the same issue. I installed dd-wrt kong build and it works fine. But I am getting lots of Tx Received errors. So i am really keen to find an alternative.

I went for Lede, it has almost the same wireless performance vs stock firmware. Problem solved

LEDE has always sounded interesting but is probably still beyond my skill level. I would be interested in more detail on how you find it compared to the OEM, Voxel, and DD-WRT firmware.

I tried LEDE a while back and could not get the 5Ghz band working (even after waiting a while as the LEDE install instructions state) and also found out that LEDE did not recognize a NTFS drive connected to it so I gave up on LEDE.

I have heard that the Hnyman R7800 LEDE builds are better than the original R7800 LEDE builds but I really can not say since I do not have any experience to share:

Hnyman R7800 Builds:
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/build-for-netgear-r7800/316

Last edited:
5Ghz issues have been fixed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!