What's new

[R7800 X4S] - Firmware-updateassistent not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flying Dutchman

Regular Contributor
Hi,
For the first time in my life I have a Netgear router: R7800 X4S.
I wanted to try something different than an Asus after using a RT-AC5300 for a couple of weeks and the AC68U for years.

The new R7800 is up and running, but the firmware seems out of date. Using the smart update doesn't give me an update. The bar stays at 0% forever. Somebody any idea what I am doing wrong?

I use the web-interface genie by calling the IP-address directly.
Current version is 1.0.2.36
New version seems 1.0.2.46 (and not 58 which is on Netgear's support website)

Hey!

I had the same issue tonight.
I solved it by updating to 1.0.2.46 first (downloaded it from the Netgear site), and then by updating to 1.0.2.58 then (also by downloading it from the site).

Just a FYI. The current R7800 firmware .58 has issues with ping and latency spikes. Reverting back to .52 and all is good.

Hey!

I had the same issue tonight.
I solved it by updating to 1.0.2.46 first (downloaded it from the Netgear site), and then by updating to 1.0.2.58 then (also by downloading it from the site).
With all respect, this is not a solution. You did a manual update, bypassing the "firmware updateassistent".

In the meantime I did the same. Mine is now on 58, directly from 36.
When a new firmware is released I will give the update-assistent a try again. If still not working I will let you know here.

Just now I see that there is a new language file available. I did click YES to download and install it. The result is a blinking window within the Netgear genie GUI. The progress bar is on 0% and stays there.... . Maybe I expect too much as being spoiled by Asus with it's perfect working automatic upgrade process. :rolleyes:

New information.

The blinking screen only happens when I try to update the language interface file WHEN GENIE IS IN DUTCH. The update fails over and over again.

When set Genie in English there is no update for the language interface file .......

So it seems to me that there is an issue when the language of the Genie GUI is non-English (or at least in Dutch (Nederlands)). Something for the Netgear people to find out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!