R9000 faulty 5Ghz wifi?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

sojer2005

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have noticed for a few days that the R9000 works weird on 5Ghz wifi mode.
The transfer is unstable, just logging into 192.168.1.1 is very long. In 2.4 mode everything seems ok, only the transfer rate is of course lower. Could this be a sign that the router is dying? Is there a possible fault with only 5Ghz mode?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
New neighbors, new routers in the router's (seeable) vicinity? Unknown non-Wi-Fi interference. Many possible issues other than failing hardware.

Pick another Control Channel and keep doing so until the network is stable again.

sojer2005

Occasional Visitor
Yes, I thought so too, but I tried basically everything ... factory settings, Voxel software, checked all channels, no effect. I am quite isolated from my neighbors.
edit: LAN is super fast.
New neighbors, new routers in the router's (seeable) vicinity? Unknown non-Wi-Fi interference. Many possible issues other than failing hardware.

Pick another Control Channel and keep doing so until the network is stable again.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Sounds like a new router is in your future then. :)

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Like jumping from a Yugo to an Audi. (Note; cars not included). :)

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
It was a hardware issue. My new AX86U is working fine on 5Ghz. It is a very nice upgrade from R9000, thanks for the recommendations.
It's a fantastic router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!