What's new

R9000 faulty 5Ghz wifi?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sojer2005

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have noticed for a few days that the R9000 works weird on 5Ghz wifi mode.
The transfer is unstable, just logging into 192.168.1.1 is very long. In 2.4 mode everything seems ok, only the transfer rate is of course lower. Could this be a sign that the router is dying? Is there a possible fault with only 5Ghz mode?

New neighbors, new routers in the router's (seeable) vicinity? Unknown non-Wi-Fi interference. Many possible issues other than failing hardware.

Pick another Control Channel and keep doing so until the network is stable again.

Yes, I thought so too, but I tried basically everything ... factory settings, Voxel software, checked all channels, no effect. I am quite isolated from my neighbors.
edit: LAN is super fast.
New neighbors, new routers in the router's (seeable) vicinity? Unknown non-Wi-Fi interference. Many possible issues other than failing hardware.

Pick another Control Channel and keep doing so until the network is stable again.

Sounds like a new router is in your future then. :)

Like jumping from a Yugo to an Audi. (Note; cars not included). :)

It was a hardware issue. My new AX86U is working fine on 5Ghz. It is a very nice upgrade from R9000, thanks for the recommendations.
It's a fantastic router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!