What's new

Random behaviour blocking clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aomega001

New Around Here
Hello all, please can I pick your collective brains?
I have an RT-AX86u router. Two nights ago all of my Alexa's were disconnected from the network, this happens from time to time, so I did what I usually do. I turned all of them off and rebooted the router, I then turn all the Alexa's back on one at a time. All bar my two Dots 4th gen connected. I have tried to reconnect them several time since then but to no avail. Today I decided to take the plunge and put merlin on my router as when I disable wifi6 the 2.4ghz channel does not have any internet but the 5ghz was fine, and I read that flashing with Merlin solves that issue. So now I have just looked at my client list and found that somehow both of the Dost had been blocked from internet access and also my sons PC and I know I had not done it and nobody else has administrative access to the router other than me. What I would like to know is that has anyone else had this issue and if so how is it happening? I found that this latest iteration of the ddwrt firmware seemed buggy randomly loosing wan connection thus requiring a reboot, plus the loss of internet only on the 2.4ghz band was the tipping point to moving on to Merlin firmware.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hello all, please can I pick your collective brains?
I have an RT-AX86u router. Two nights ago all of my Alexa's were disconnected from the network, this happens from time to time, so I did what I usually do. I turned all of them off and rebooted the router, I then turn all the Alexa's back on one at a time. All bar my two Dots 4th gen connected. I have tried to reconnect them several time since then but to no avail. Today I decided to take the plunge and put merlin on my router as when I disable wifi6 the 2.4ghz channel does not have any internet but the 5ghz was fine, and I read that flashing with Merlin solves that issue. So now I have just looked at my client list and found that somehow both of the Dost had been blocked from internet access and also my sons PC and I know I had not done it and nobody else has administrative access to the router other than me. What I would like to know is that has anyone else had this issue and if so how is it happening? I found that this latest iteration of the ddwrt firmware seemed buggy randomly loosing wan connection thus requiring a reboot, plus the loss of internet only on the 2.4ghz band was the tipping point to moving on to Merlin firmware.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Browse my install notes for some ideas (can save asking a bunch of questions about your setup).

If you are new to this and/or the AX86U, I'd get it working with Asusrwrt before adding Asuswrt-Merlin features, especially if you don't need any of those additional features.

OE