What's new

Random net loss, 5g going down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T

tim bowater

Hi, I have the latest merlin firmware and I keep losing 5G. Can someone see whats happening with the log?

I have also been struggling with random 5G drops. Sometimes a couple within a few hours and then no issues for a day or two. I just installed a laptop cooler pad under the router to see if lowering the temp will help. Curious if anyone else has seen this or come up with a solution.

mine seems to be getting worse. The temp of the 2g is 51c, the 5g is 53c and the cpu is 82c. cpu seems a little high

it can't be heat related, just turned it off, moved it onto the floor and waited 10 mins. Now the cpu is 70c and it dropped out again...

Nope. No luck here either. Temps dropped from 70 to 56 and just happened again. Lost contact and couldn't see the 5G network again until I rebooted the router.

Mine seems to be stable now, I turned off IPV6 and QOS completely. I will try to figure out which one is causing my drop outs.

Happened to me too. And after I restarted my router the 5G appeared minutes later than the 2.4G band. Changing the channel fixed it for me!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've hard set both 2.4 and 5g channels and disabled IPv6. It's been more stable since then. I'm curious....I have a newer router that supposedly has different wireless chips (can't find the thread, but it had to do with the temperatures being shown as disabled). Does everyone on this thread have the same thing or is it a mix of old and new?

Try going to wireless then to the 5g side, then to professional tab and turn transmit power down halfway and test it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 with Pixel XL build.prop

I haven't had a problem since I disabled ipv6 and QOS. Just enabled QOS again to see if it's that or ipv6. Will report back

the new firmware seems to good so far, no problems for 8 hours. i enabled QoS and no wifi problems or restarts. I'll try ipv6 tomorrow and report back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!