RAX120 v2

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

psychopomp1

To those who have a RAX120 v2, does it actually say 'V2' anywhere on the router and/or router settings? I've just had a RAX120 delivered today from the Netgear UK store and was expecting this to be V2 but it simply says 'RAX120' everywhere, there's no mention of V2 anywhere. However I managed to upgrade to firmware 1.2.1.22 using the v2 fw....so maybe I do have the V2 after all? I'm utterly confused....

Thanks!

AndreiV

Very Senior Member
V1 vs. V2

The very quick way of checking if it is a RAX120 v2 is to check if you have FCC ID on the bottom of your device - old RAX120 v1 doesn't have it

psychopomp1

Oh bummer :( I was sent a V1 then. Anyhoo its going back for a refund as wifi range on it wasn't as good as my RAX200.

Killhippie

Mine has all that and its a version 1 as its a few years old. I believe it says v2 in the GUI also depending where you are in the world the model number would change, it would say RAX120-200NAS for NA or RAX120-200EUS for Europe. From what I know the v2 router will have no outward facing changes to the customer, so no UL OFDMA or BSS or TWT, in fact I think the RAX200 is the only router to have that. wi-fi range on mine is great by the way. I would be more interested when the price drops in a RAXE500 if anything now. When I asked sales I was told they dont have any V2 units, well not in the UK at least.