What's new

Voxel [RBK50] DNSCrypt Proxy configuration being overwritten on reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SunnyJar

New Around Here
I'm running the latest Voxel firmware (9.2.5.2.27.1SF-HW) on my RBK50. I enabled dnscrypt-proxy-2 using the instructions in the readme. When I try to change the config file
Code:
/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml
, the changes do not persist after a reboot. Do I need to change the permissions on the file or do anything specific?

Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob at this, so appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm running the latest Voxel firmware (9.2.5.2.27.1SF-HW) on my RBK50. I enabled dnscrypt-proxy-2 using the instructions in the readme. When I try to change the config file
Code:
/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml
, the changes do not persist after a reboot. Do I need to change the permissions on the file or do anything specific?

Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob at this, so appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!
You should read QuickStart.txt got ORBI not README (in the archive with firmware, RBK50-V9.2.5.2.27.1SF-HW.zip):

. . .
2. Overlay partition on USB.

Original stock firmware uses tmpfs overlay partition (in RAM). So all you changes in
the files/dirs are kept only until next reboot of router/satellite. If you need to keep
your changed/added files you should use external USB disk/stick formatted as
ext2/ext3/ext4 with /overlay directory on the root where you should add your new or
modified files keeping the dirtree of Orbi. For example, if you wish to use your own
/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml just place it into /overlay/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml.

. . .

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!