What's new

RBS50 hardware faulty ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ibro_fan

New Around Here
hi everyone, i've been trying to connect a 2nd RBS50 unit i bought 2nd hand.
the unit has symptom only flashing white light upon power on/off. haven't see any other light color (blue/magenta) with below action so far
current setup: 1rbr50 + 1 rbs50. i want to add this new unit into this setup but seems the unit itself not working properly

did the following but not to avail:
- press reset button for factory setting - nok
- isolate connection only to satellite via lan cable to my laptop, set manual ip 192.168.1.10 and default gateway 192.168.1.1. unable to connect via web gui (connection refused)
- did tftp recovery to load RBS50-v2.5.2.4.img with tftp transferred success and still have same problem :(
- tried connect rbs50 to rbr50 through lan cable, satellite is connected as attached device with ip 192.168.1.250. able to ping the ip but still unable to connect web gui when using this ip address :'(
- tried connect to working satellite through lan cable, satellite connected as attached device with ip 192.168.1.250. able to ping the ip but still unable to connect web gui when using this ip address :'(
- tried using power supply from the other satellite unit, still same issue

hope can get some advise if i can do anything else to recover this unit (newbie here..). thanks for taking your time reading this post.

did you buy an rbs50? or an rbr50 converted to rbs50? white top plate vs blue?

anyway, it looks like it has an incorrect board model or data and that's why it's not booting up correctly.
only way to fix it is opening up the router, connecting and ftdi board, reading the data, and replacing the bad data with correct values.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!