1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RDP remotely with VPN Server

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by madfusker, Nov 15, 2019.

1. madfusker

madfusker Regular Contributor

I have always used RDP to remotely connect to an internal machine at my home 192.168.1.3 using OpenVPN remotely, but recently I have not been able to do this after a factory reset. I can successfully connect and access other things inside the network via VPN such as my router setting on 192.168.1.1, but RDP will NOT connect to another other machine such as .3 or .4. Internally I can connect RDP machine to machine so I know its working on the internal machines, but not when connected externally with OpenVPN. Any idea what setting could be causing this? It seems the RDP is not being sent to the machine due to the VPN.

Lastly, I don't want to expose any port forwards and need to use VPN, so that is not an option and don't suggest this as a workaround.

See attached pictures of current settings.

-MF

Attached Files:

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

3. madfusker

madfusker Regular Contributor

Actually, I completely forgot I had to do that custom script! Thanks for the workaround flashback and that should fix it!