What's new

ReadyNas Ultra 4 vs Ultra 4 Plus

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cpmiller22

New Around Here
I'm wondering if anyone can help clarify the difference between the two readynas models (RNDP400U vs RNDU4000) especially as it related to performance. The RNDP400U seems a bit more expensive, but I'm having a hard time finding details of the exact differences between the two units.

Thanks for the link. Any insight to the performance difference? I've ready the Ultra 4 can sustain 80+MBps, wondering if the Ultra 4 plus is faster.

Thanks for the link. Any insight to the performance difference? I've ready the Ultra 4 can sustain 80+MBps, wondering if the Ultra 4 plus is faster.

That's pretty much the selling point of the 4+, but as a user it is hard to tell the difference, unless you thrive on numbers, which is actually important when you are judging the performance of your targeted email marketing campaign. So for me the plus is the way to go, but unless you have hardline restrictions and expectations you will be fine moving in either direction.

Last edited:
well raw performance aside, the ultra+ with the dual core atom (4 virtual cpu) will be able to support more/heavier addons without bogging down (ie streaming/transcoding/etc).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!