What's new

Reboot Scheduler in GUI vs Amtm Reboot schedule.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vexira

Part of the Furniture
I'm wondering which is the better reboot schedule to use the one in the GUI or amtm based reboot schedule.

I'm just curious after seeing the option, I've also been hearing about a service reboot, rather than a full one, not sure what this is about.

I'm wondering which is the better reboot schedule to use the one in the GUI or amtm based reboot schedule.

I'm just curious after seeing the option, I've also been hearing about a service reboot, rather than a full one, not sure what this is about.
When I was using my AC86U I was having problems with the GUI reboot scheduler. I didn't have any problems with the amtm scheduler though. I didn't have any problems using the GUI scheduler with my AX88U.

odd because for some reason it seems that scheduled reboot isn't working properly for me from the gui anymore.

its till showing log entries from the previous day

Last edited:
There was an issue at some time in the past and RMerlin made changes to Asuswrt-Merlin and the lonely coder did the same with amtm to both use the full path to call reboot.
Code:
service reboot
I've tired to search for that conversation from a couple years back, but no luck. I think it went back and forth between two or three threads.

If I want to reboot from the CLI, I use the "service reboot" instead of just "reboot" and had no issues for months, maybe years.

There was an issue at some time in the past and RMerlin made changes to Asuswrt-Merlin and the lonely coder did the same with amtm to both use the full path to call reboot.
Code:
service reboot
I've tired to search for that conversation from a couple years back, but no luck. I think it went back and forth between two or three threads.

If I want to reboot from the CLI, I use the "service reboot" instead of just "reboot" and had no issues for months, maybe years.
I was thinking about using the amtm reboot schedule, I'm even half tempted to just factory reset the router to see if that helps.

It's just that I noticed that the reboot doesn't seem to be executing property, it's like there is still long entries I half suspect my time sync is our of whack an I need to adjust it.

I was thinking about using the amtm reboot schedule, I'm even half tempted to just factory reset the router to see if that helps.

It's just that I noticed that the reboot doesn't seem to be executing property, it's like there is still long entries I half suspect my time sync is our of whack an I need to adjust it.
You could also set up a cron job to do it, I used to do that until the issue of the AC86U hanging on reboot (mine has not for months, knock wood)

Code:
3 3 * * * service reboot #scheduled_reboot#
This would reboot every day at 0303.

Now I just restart the webgui every 8 hours at 4 minutes after the hour. No more hang.
Code:
4 */8 * * * service restart_httpd #restart_httpd#