1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Recently installed Skynet and cannot ssh into computer within my LAN

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by PubBoy, Feb 16, 2020.

1. PubBoy

PubBoy Occasional Visitor

RT-AC68R with Merlin 384.13

Recently installed latest shipping versions of Diversion and Skynet via AMTM (Awesome Tools!!!) and now I can no longer ssh into another computer within my LAN.

I now get this error:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.52 port 22: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I followed default settings when setting up Diverison and Skynet. I'm pretty sure I just need to change or edit a setting but am new to this stuff so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

2. dave14305

dave14305 Part of the Furniture

If it is LAN-to-LAN, neither Skynet nor Diversion should impact it. Look for more clues on the target device.

3. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

In GUI verify your Admin/System/Enable ssh is set to LAN only, and port is 22. I don't know why this would change by installing Skynet or Diversion. If something has that port locked, 1st try a reboot.

4. PubBoy

PubBoy Occasional Visitor

Wow, I feel dumb. Thanks Dave, I've identified that the IP to the machine changed. I can now ssh in.
    Good to know Diversion or Skynet doesn't affect LAN to LAN interactions.