Recommendation for extending signal using AiMesh

lollypop

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

i have Ax86u router working absolute fine. I am planning to extend the signal to the back garden. Can someone suggest a cheap either an access point or device that could become an aimesh node for the router. Ideally i would want something looking like lyra mini which i could just put in kitchen window instead of putting another bulky router on the window sill. But i just dont know whether lyra would be any good and if yes, where can i buy 1 pack for cheap in uk?
or any other suggestion please?
Thanks

Tommy Grace

Regular Contributor
Hi guys,

i have Ax86u router working absolute fine. I am planning to extend the signal to the back garden. Can someone suggest a cheap either an access point or device that could become an aimesh node for the router. Ideally i would want something looking like lyra mini which i could just put in kitchen window instead of putting another bulky router on the window sill. But i just dont know whether lyra would be any good and if yes, where can i buy 1 pack for cheap in uk?
or any other suggestion please?
Thanks
Hi

I am currently running AiMesh with an RT-AX88U + Lyra Mini. The Lyra mini is in the office as it is a bit of a blackspot for Wi-Fi. To be fair it works well and seems to have decent enough range and it is small an fairly inconspicuous. I bought mine from here but not sure if they have any more in stock. Maybe some on eBay?

lollypop

Occasional Visitor
I have checked ebay and other places - cant find any minis. The only one i was able to find is box.co.uk is selling a tri pack for £99.00 but i only need one. No one is selling 1pack!
any other suggestions?
I have seen ac86u going for cheap on ebay but dont feel like putting on that on kitchen window.. would prefer a smaller antenna-free device.

Last edited:

Tommy Grace

Regular Contributor
I have checked ebay and other places - cant find any minis. The only one i was able to find is box.co.uk is selling a tri pack for £99.00 but i only need one. No one is selling 1pack!
any other suggestions?
I have seen ac86u going for cheap on ebay but dont feel like putting on that on kitchen window.. would prefer a smaller antenna-free device.
To be honest, i paid £70 for one so i would buy the 3 pack and sell the other 2 on eBay!

lollypop

Occasional Visitor
Just wondering how would i set it up with ax86u? I would just put one mini in the kitchen and set it up as a node? Do i need to connect mini to the router with a ethernet?