What's new

red aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chiquito

Occasional Visitor
I have a network mounted aimesh main router rt-ac88u and node rt-ac86u the node is at a distance of the main of about 10-15 meters with corridors between them as well as it can be that if I remove the node the speed is almost 300megas in a portable and putting in node the speed is 145-150 megabytes and with an iphone 7plus the speed at the same distance is 245-250 megabytes ..
at the moment I had to remove the current update to the latest firmware ..
I'll be waiting for your answers..
regards..

So, what is your question?
If it is about the speed drop, that is normal as the router communicates to the node before the node rebroadcasts. You loose half of the speed. Triband systems can use one of the 5ghz radios to allow full speed on the other 5ghz band.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

f I connect the main router by rj45 to the node wan, the speed would be better than by wifi?
would I have to configure something in the main router?
regards..
I mean an aimesh network

try :)

f I connect the main router by rj45 to the node wan, the speed would be better than by wifi?
would I have to configure something in the main router?
regards..
I mean an aimesh network

Try it. The router should auto sense the wired backhaul and use it, as indicated for the node under 'more config'. If the connection type does not change to 'wired', set it to 'wired' manually. Some LAN switches can defeat the auto sensing of a wired backhaul.

OE

If when I connect it by rj45 and give it more information I get it connected by cable, my problem is that you give me less speed connected by cable than wireless cable gives me more speed in the devices than if I have the node connected by cable router lan to the node wan ..
Any idea something to configure?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!