What's new

Redirected to Malicious website

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

falu

New Around Here
Dear Authors!

I tried from several IP addresses to open www.smallnetbuilder.com site, and it redirects automatically to a malicious website:

http:// celebratednm.top/?id=909090

It tries to pose as a security related page and the browser tries to download a fake windows patch too. I kindly ask you to investigate ASAP!

Thank you in advance!

Sorry for the problem and thanks for reporting it.

I have been battling this one for the past few weeks. It has been particularly difficult to track down. I found and removed files yesterday that could have been causing this so I hope it it gone.

One of the exploits looks like it set a cookie. So clear your browser cache and clear any cookies set for SmallNetBuilder. Please let me know if it occurs again.

If anyone else sees this exploit, please post to this thread or send an email to comments@smallnetbuilder.com.

That could be the case. But there is definitely something on my side. I just brought in the big guns, so hope to have it sorted shortly. Sorry for the hassle, everyone.

It's getting tougher to run a website these days! Crap like this that I have to spend time and money on to fix and protect against and lower ad revenue to pay for it.

I think this problem has been resolved. Please let me know if you see any redirects. My apologies to those of you who were affected and thanks for reporting it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!