What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Jan 28th: 380.69_2 released:
Code:
- CHANGED: Quantenna watchdog is less likely now to
           incorrectly assume the QTN CPU has crashed
           (which can lead to router reboots). (RT-AC87U)
- FIXED: IE11 field validation issues on OpenVPN and
         DHCP pages.
- FIXED: Router crash when importing an OpenVPN certificate
         longer than 3499 characters (the supported limit)
- FIXED: Users were allowed to enter invalid characters on
         some of the OpenVPN client page fields.
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5999 in httpd (backport from 384_10007)
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5721 in httpd (Merlin & theMIROn)

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69_2 is now available for all supported models.

This is a bugfix release for the legacy 380 codebase. New features are no longer getting added to the 380.xx releases, as primary development was shifted to the New Gen series (382.xx and higher).

Highlights of changes since 380.68_4:

• Updated wireless SDK for the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U, fixing KRACK vulnerability in repeater and media bridge mode.
  • Added option to disable Asus's NAT Tunnel (backported from 382)
  • Updated odhcp6c, with fixes for some ISPs with broken support.
  • Updated libogg to 1.3.3, libvorbis to 1.3.5, openssl to 1.0.2n and tor to 0.2.9.14.
  • Also updated wget to 1.19.2, fixing connectivity with TLS 1.2 servers.
  • Samba security fixes for CVE-2017-15275, CVE-2017-12163 and CVE-2017-12150, backported from upstream.
  • DNSFilter rules will no longer overrule DNS rules used by OpenVPN clients while they are in Exclusive mode.

Please see the changelog for the details.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Reserved post.

updated. That makes both firmware as well as ab-solution today.
everything is working swimmingly so far...n66u
thank you

380_69 installed on 68U and working well. Anyone know what the Asus NAT Tunnel service is used for?

Asus Nat tunnel will not stay Disabled after reboot

Access LAN samba from WiFi is extremely slow for AC5300 if IPTraffic is enabled.

AC87R works fine.

Thanks.

380.69 rendered both my RT-AC66U units unusable, even after a subsequent factory reset and reconfig. One unit configured as a wireless router, the other in AP mode. The symptoms were odd, but the main issue was that no connections were possible over any of the physical Ethernet ports. In fact the ports seemed to work for few seconds after boot, but then failed. This included the WAN connection. Wifi seemed intermittent.

Now gone back to 380.68_4 and all working well again.

Last edited:
Working well on my rt-n66u in repeater mode.

I have to reboot twice for it to work properly. On the first reboot, I observed both Wi-Fi bands are up but my clients are unable to connect to them.

Thank you @RMerlin :)

RT-AC56U here, no problems except Asusnat tunnel setting won't stick (either yes/no looks active after saving).

Am I the only who has VPN problems on new firmware?

Right after upgrade, I can't connect to any VPN because of AUTH_FAILED errors. I thought it was a VPN server's fault, so tried 8 other different servers - AUTH_FAILED all the time. It's surely not username/password issue because if I enter the same credentials on OpenVPN client on my phone, it connects immediately.

Multiple reboots didn't help.

Update: Did hard-reset, VPN works fine after reset.

Last edited:
Upgraded from 380.68_4 on an AC5300 and the WebUI is horribly slow to load. Seems to connect fast, but then loads forever before getting anything. I am trying to revert back to 380.68_4 but due to the slowness of the WebUI I am having issues.

Edit 1:
Upon further attempts it seems like when I initially load the WebUI it loads fast and fine, but subsequently attempts to connect/refresh cause major issues. I was finally able to get 380.68_4 reuploaded and it is in the process of uploading.

I had to downgrade my 87U, upload and download speeds were limited to 1/2 Mb

This is the worst ever. Slowed everything down to a crawl and even after downgrading to 380.68_4 the problem remains the same. The absolute pits. Do not upgrade.

This is the worst ever. Slowed everything down to a crawl and even after downgrading to 380.68_4 the problem remains the same. The absolute pits. Do not upgrade.

I agree with Siena. Even after downgrading I am still having issues with the UI. Slow to respond, slow to load, and frequent disconnects on wifi.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!