What's new

[Release 380/Legacy] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
The last, final release of the 380.xx series is now available for all supported models.

People using an RT-N66U or RT-AC66U and wishing to gain continued updates are urged to consider switching to @john9527 's fork, which is still in active development.

For those using any of the other supported models, it is highly recommended to switch to the new 384.xx code that is currently the actively maintained branch. This will ensure you continue to get security updates as they get released. Also note that Trend Micro will eventually discontinue support for signature updates for their older engine used by the 380.xx series.

The focus of this release was to address a couple of security-related issues. Note that the latest security fixes for AiCloud are not included, as for most models these are only available for newer firmware code - backporting them to the 380.xx series would be too much work considering this code base is now at the end of road.

Please consult the changelog for details as to what was changed.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

First off, i want to recognize the fantastic work RMerlin has done, it's truly remarkable.

i have the N66, which works just fine. just wondering if all the issues fixed in recent Asus 3.0.0.4.380.8228 except for AI Cloud are fixed in the farewell final 380.70 release?

First off, i want to recognize the fantastic work RMerlin has done, it's truly remarkable.

i have the N66, which works just fine. just wondering if all the issues fixed in recent Asus 3.0.0.4.380.8228 except for AI Cloud are fixed in the farewell final 380.70 release?

Probably not, since I didn't merge the 8120 GPL.

Thanks RMerlin! I'm installing this on my AC66W now.

Still running into the OpenVPN "bad end line" issue:

Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2259]: OpenVPN 2.4.3 mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Apr 8 2018
Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2259]: library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017, LZO 2.08
Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2261]: NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2261]: OpenSSL: error:0906D066:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:bad end line
Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2261]: Cannot load CA certificate file ca.crt (no entries were read)
Apr 9 08:30:59 openvpn[2261]: Exiting due to fatal error

RT-AC66U_380.69_0 did not have that problem, but .69_2 did.

Re-enter your CA.

Re-enter your CA.
I did. I tried everything possible: reentering the ca via webinterface, via ssh and after a clean install. Problem is: the CA is cut on webinterface even tho it isn’t longer then 3999 characters. When I edit it in the shell, the problem remains.

I updated the firmware from 380.69 to 380.70, everything works fine, thanks!

Asus RT-AC87U
You could move to the 384 branch. Has been rock solid on my AC87U.

I did. I tried everything possible: reentering the ca via webinterface, via ssh and after a clean install. Problem is: the CA is cut on webinterface even tho it isn’t longer then 3999 characters. When I edit it in the shell, the problem remains.

Try replacing it in the /jffs/openvpn/ directory using a tool such as WinSCP (you must enable SSH support first).

It should be able to use it as long you don't make any changes on the webui. Make sure however that it's really shorter than the allowed size limit.

Just updated my n66...
must start shopping for an ac68...and figure out how to get The Doors' "The End" out of my internal radio station

Downloaded the final version to my two APs yesterday. Thanks, Merlin, for all the work. And for putting a bow on this rather than just abandoning it where it stood when you made the decision to end support for these models!

I suppose going from 380.70 to the new branch will require factory reset, yes? Will I be able to import settings or no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer. I don't use AiCloud anyway, so I'll probably stick with 380.70 until future security fixes appear in John's fork.

Or switch back to Asus as it is the 380 branch versus John's which is based on the quite old 374 branch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!