What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about vpn client and server speeds on rt-ac87u (384.4_2)
When i test download and upload speed with vpn cpu goes to ~60% for download and upload it goes 100%
Back in november 2017 i had more download(~70mbit) speed then upload(AES-256-GCM SHA1 for both client and server)
Done Initialize when i went from 380.69_2 to 384 code and manually reconfiged it even reinstalled 384.4_2
Now i get ~35Mbit download and ~70Mbit upload tried diffrent settings from TCP to UDP and back added nice -20 tried different snd rcvbuffers fast-io for UDP
And i noticed the same thing on my vpn server speed(Uses my normal isp Connection), lower download then upload so same behaviour on different isp connections
Measured with WGET downloading 1Gb file from vpn provider server and also Swedish Bredbandskollen and Speedtest by ookla
Feels like CPU not going full speed when receiveing vpn data..
Anyone else noticed something like that or any idea why or a coincident?
Without vpn i get 270Mbit download and 260Mbit upload

Last edited:
Much appreciated. I will try it out when I can and report back.
Hi, I had same/similar issue using openvpn client connecting to AirVPN. Port forwarding wouldn't work and only machines sent through the vpn would have internet access; any machines configured to use a wan connection had no internet.

I got it working by renaming nat-start to openvpn-event - hope this helps
see https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts for info

jon

I was finally able to try it and it worked! Thanks!

and noticed this to, not got a clue what it means but thought i would post it, seems to do with QoS, i had QoS enabled yesterday but then disabled it yesterday but just spotted this.
I am getting this all through my logs too

kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC!

Did anyone ever get a resolution on this? It looks like an error when a MAC is 'disconnected' so it's left flapping around or something.

что он хочет обновить? если есть последняя прошивка!

Attachments

• Снимок44.png
    Снимок44.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 625
All wireless interfaces were down. Started them up via the gui (professional) and all was working again. Downgraded to 384.4.

Errors (there was another error regarding a write error, though i didnt manage to capture it at the time):

kernel: ERROR fwder_init: fwd_cpumap nvram not present, using default
kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!

The only other module i installed on the ac5300 was dnscrypt: https://github.com/thuantran/dnscrypt-asuswrt-installer

I'm getting the same error over and over again on my AC5300. I searched for this error on Google search; and found this forum thread.

After upgrading to this I have notice another issue.. My WiFi will randomly restart itself in the morning.. and won't come back on for about 30min to an hour. Never use to do this. I do not have any schedules on or anything and did a factory reset.. Problem still persist.. Is my router dying? It didn't use to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!