What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates for two addon files are now available with the (cu) option.
  • log-stats.add v3.6.5.1: Stats number separation changed to international format (100,000 instead of 100'000)
    Same Domains with dots and dashes are now counted correctly (e.g. home.earthlink.net and home-earthlink.net)
  • update-hosts.add v3.6.5.1: Domains of hosts files in use are removed if found in blocking file. It was reported that the mahakala.is hosts file blocks the hosts-file.net domain.
  • Both files: Timeout for external file download increased, several users reported failed downloads.

Last edited:
I have problem with ads when with my phone connected over openvpn from outside network....when I connect over local network at home then is everything ok....I have 3.6.5 version of ab-solution....with version 3.0 I didn't have this problems....any solutions what could be a problem?

I have problem with ads when with my phone connected over openvpn from outside network....when I connect over local network at home then is everything ok....I have 3.6.5 version of ab-solution....with version 3.0 I didn't have this problems....any solutions what could be a problem?
There has been no change in the code that would affect that since AB3.
Make sure, your OpenVPN Server has:
- Push LAN to clients set to yes
- Respond to DNS set to Yes
- Advertise DNS to clients set to Yes (not sure this has an effect on it)

I have 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic' set to No.

There has been no change in the code that would affect that since AB3.
Make sure, your OpenVPN Server has:
- Push LAN to clients set to yes
- Respond to DNS set to Yes
- Advertise DNS to clients set to Yes (not sure this has an effect on it)

I have 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic' set to No.
No issue here with connecting through VPN from phone.

I have all this settings set to yes for a while....so, internet with mobile signal over openvpn block all ads, internet from public wifi over openvpn got some ads?

I have all this settings set to yes for a while....so, internet with mobile signal over openvpn block all ads, internet from public wifi over openvpn got some ads?
It should work the same with respect to ads, regardless of Internet source when using OpenVPN connection.

I have not tested that recently, but I'm sure it still works. I have unlimited data, never bother using public WiFi.

I am awaiting your 'all OK' on the stats issue you reported...
So... My weekly stats for that router ran this morning, still showing the anomaly (i.e., home.earthlink.net incorrectly showing as blocked). When I just reran the stats for that site, the client that generated the error does not show at all in the stats -- most likely it is currently down. I will check again on Sunday morning when I am physically at the site, and I can power up the node.

will try with openvpn connect android app next time.....at the moment i have installed openvpn for android from Arne Schwabe....

will try with openvpn connect android app next time.....at the moment i have installed openvpn for android from Arne Schwabe....
I use OpenVPN Client (colucci-web.it). It is by far the best OpenVPN client available for Android -- it supports OpenVPN 2.4, too!

I am awaiting your 'all OK' on the stats issue you reported...
The home.earthlink.net vs home-earthlink.net issue is resolved -- home.earthlink.net is no longer reported as blocked in the stats. 'All OK' on that one!

seems some places like amazonaws has multiple ip address with the same name. I block one and it goes thru blacklist and stops it but then it is called again and it goes thru. I counted 8 different ips for the same name as well as dif names. is there anyway to stop them?
great addon and works really well.
thanks

seems some places like amazonaws has multiple ip address with the same name. I block one and it goes thru blacklist and stops it but then it is called again and it goes thru. I counted 8 different ips for the same name as well as dif names. is there anyway to stop them?
great addon and works really well.
thanks
Which blocking list are you using? Might you want to switch to a more comprehensive list?

I am using 5 and set it up in the blacklist as it was not being blocked.
Wait a minute. Why are you blocking amazonaws? The domain is associated with Amazon's cloud services, not ads.

Updates for two addon files are now available with the (cu) option.
  • log-stats.add v3.6.5.1: Stats number separation changed to international format (100,000 instead of 100'000)
    Same Domains with dots and dashes are now counted correctly (e.g. home.earthlink.net and home-earthlink.net)
  • update-hosts.add v3.6.5.1: Domains of hosts files in use are removed if found in blocking file. It was reported that the mahakala.is hosts file blocks the hosts-file.net domain.
  • Both files: Timeout for external file download increased, several users reported failed downloads.

After we update this is what we should be seeing?

AB-Solution is up to date!

ab-solution.sh: 3.6.5.0 (latest version)
update-hosts.add: 3.6.5.1 (latest version)
rotate-logs.add: 3.6.5 (latest version)
log-stats.add: 3.6.5.1 (latest version)
pixelserv-tls.add: 3.6.5 (latest version)

well its an adserver or a tracking server as blocking it does not block what everweb site it is coming from. like I said they have several ip address for same name.just as google has several for mtalk . they are either tracking or serving ads.
it is a ecs-1245678-letters,something else and dns lookup goes to markmonitor something so I figure it is a tracking company.
but like I said block it and it pulls the other ips and goes thru.

Wait a minute. Why are you blocking amazonaws? The domain is associated with Amazon's cloud services, not ads.

After we update this is what we should be seeing?

AB-Solution is up to date!

ab-solution.sh: 3.6.5.0 (latest version)
update-hosts.add: 3.6.5.1 (latest version)
rotate-logs.add: 3.6.5 (latest version)
log-stats.add: 3.6.5.1 (latest version)
pixelserv-tls.add: 3.6.5 (latest version)
That's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.