What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried to run "cu" and got this.

getting version info from ab-solution.info...

hmm...
looks like ab-solution.info is down

Please notify @thelonelycoder immediately!
Thanks

I just did the CU update now and its working fine.

Just tried to run "cu" and got this.

getting version info from ab-solution.info...

hmm...
looks like ab-solution.info is down

Please notify @thelonelycoder immediately!
Thanks
Just run it once more, the website may experience some delays when under heavy load.

firefox do not support importing cert anymore? I try pixel-serv to work but can't import router cert...

Poslano z mojega EVA-L09 z uporabo Tapatalk

firefox do not support importing cert anymore? I try pixel-serv to work but can't import router cert...

I have no problem importing it through Preferences/Advanced/Certificates.
Just copy the /var/cache/pixelserv/ca.crt to your device first, then import it.

I import ca.crt to windows OS and in firefox browser but still get yellow insecure connection?here is screenshot....it should be green?
df4bu0.png

Last edited:
I have a, I guess a more general question. But with my limited knowledge I know that the router (JFFS?) take some wear from doing this, but how much wear dos it take? I know it's a big no-no to install big or updating stuff in the JFFS. But is this, "safe"?

I have a, I guess a more general question. But with my limited knowledge I know that the router (JFFS?) take some wear from doing this, but how much wear dos it take? I know it's a big no-no to install big or updating stuff in the JFFS. But is this, "safe"?
... and then people read some myths, added their nonsense and distributed is as facts...

In other words, I have yet to hear someone state that this never dying myth is true.
My oldest router, more than four years old, shows no signs of decay or wear, the one router most of AB was developed on and ran the predecessor scripts on it as well.

Apart from that, AB barely writes to jffs. In fact, it only writes to it if you turn off pixelserv. All other operations and changes are done outside of jffs.

... and then people read some myths, added their nonsense and distributed is as facts...

In other words, I have yet to hear someone state that this never dying myth is true.
My oldest router, more than four years old, shows no signs of decay or wear, the one router most of AB was developed on and ran the predecessor scripts on it as well.

Apart from that, AB barely writes to jffs. In fact, it only writes to it if you turn off pixelserv. All other operations and changes are done outside of jffs.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing things up.

Edit:

So I can't get past the jffs check. I know I have enabled the jffs a year ago when I was messing around. but now I keep getting this.

Code:
running a basic router check
 - /jffs/ needs a reboot
 -------------------------------------------------

performing a basic check of your router's settings
 Check not passed!

changes were made that require the router to reboot.
 These are necessary for AB-Solution to work afterwards.

You have to enter the curl install command again
 to continue with the install after reboot due to the
 temporary volatile storage location.
 -------------------------------------------------

I have run the installer 5 times and the same error keep occurring, I tried manually setting the jffs too. I scrolled through the comments but didn't find any solution.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

How do you do that? I'm a Linux noob but can SSH into router but can't figure out how to change directory to my attached USB drive which has AB+pixelserv installed.

I have run the installer 5 times and the same error keep occurring, I tried manually setting the jffs too. I scrolled through the comments but didn't find any solution.
Have you tried rebooting the router, as it suggests?
If yes, set it to format jffs at next boot, then reboot, your jffs partition might be corrupt.

How do you do that? I'm a Linux noob but can SSH into router but can't figure out how to change directory to my attached USB drive which has AB+pixelserv installed.
On Windows, I use WinSCP to transfer files, use SCP as the protocol and the WebUI credentials to log in.
The location mentioned is where you find the file.

I import ca.crt to windows OS and in firefox browser but still get yellow insecure connection?here is screenshot....it should be green?
df4bu0.png

We are talking about the pixelserv certificate, not the certificate for the https WebUI. They are completely different certificates.

How do I update pixelserv to kj-version?

How do I update pixelserv to kj-version?
You have to install the static binary manually if you want to update right now --> not recommended if you have to ask how...
It's up to the Entware maintainers to find the time and publish it in the Entware package repository.
Once released, you can use the update options in ps.

We are talking about the pixelserv certificate, not the certificate for the https WebUI. They are completely different certificates.
Yes i know....I do not have problem with pixelserv certificates....I have problem with router https webUI which is not green....how do you solve router certificate?

Yes i know....I do not have problem with pixelserv certificates....I have problem with router https webUI which is not green....how do you solve router certificate?

There is no reasonably simple way to do it, it's nearly impossible.
The certificat you talk about has nothing to do with the pixelserv certificate created by AB.

Yes, I rebooted every time. Also manually enabled the jffs and rebooted. Still getting the error.
What is your router model and which exact firmware have you installed?
Is the firmware specifically for that model?

Also, what is the Syslog saying in the router WebUI, is surely shows some errors.

What is your router model and which exact firmware have you installed?
Is the firmware specifically for that model?

Also, what is the Syslog saying in the router WebUI, is surely shows some errors.

ASUS RT-N66U, runing merlin on 380.65_4. The firmware is specifically for the model. I assume it's the System Log - General Log https://pastebin.com/xsLUPnF1

I can't properly read it, but I see some things that doesn't look OK, but nothing major.

On Windows, I use WinSCP to transfer files, use SCP as the protocol and the WebUI credentials to log in.
The location mentioned is where you find the file.

Clucking bell! I didn't think of that. DOH.

Thanks (I said I was a noob) [emoji1303]

Status
Not open for further replies.