What's new

[Release] Asus GT-AX1100 firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22237

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here's the changelog and link,

1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.
8. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
9. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
10. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
11. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 63796208c127a527f63419677a4962ef

i installed it earlier today - the initial issue is that it doesn't seem to be updating the network map clients - they are connecting but showing up as offline. The number connected is stuck and static and not updating. No other issues spotted thus far but not having a working network map is unhelpful. I have tried this with the ASUS app and web interface and both are not working for me.

I've had that happen before after updating on other router models/firmwares, so that issue is not specific to this firmware. You can try a reboot of the router but I think last time I had it happen, it resolved itself after a few hours

I've had that happen before after updating on other router models/firmwares, so that issue is not specific to this firmware. You can try a reboot of the router but I think last time I had it happen, it resolved itself after a few hours

Thanks for the feedback, I tried a reboot a couple of times but no joy. Will check again tomorrow but might have to revert to the previous firmware if its persistent

Good beginning of the new year, updated and hoping to see an update for my 3x Ax92u nodes soon too...

Bugger!

I just bought a GT-AX6000. I would have preferred a tri-band router.

Oh well, at least the GT-AX6000 will be getting 3.0.0.6.

Already found and reported a bug to ASUS, the port status is wrong after the upgrade. It says my WAN is 100Mbit, when that is factually incorrect, modem reports 1000, and speed tests are above 800Mbps, so clearly it is operating at the full gig. Not particularly impactful, but still sort of annoying.

Mine shows a 2.5gbps icon which the modem isn't even capable of. Hopefully just a cosmetic issue that does not influence any QoS logic...

i've gone back to the previous firmware. Tried this one twice and multiple reboots but it just isn't updating the client list for me and i can't see the rx and tx rates for the clients in the network map which is a deal breaker. Similalry i updated my XT8 V1 to the latest firmware but after multiple re-installs, hard resets its just dropping clients and reconnecting them causing it to be unusable for me. Will need to wait till the next firmware's or someone smarter than me works out a fix

SIDEBAR:

GNUton's Merlin is rock solid on my XT8s. There's a 388 beta that's evidently ready for prime time, but I'm holding off a couple weeks 'til I hit 90 days uptime on the 386. Maybe longer...

i've gone back to the previous firmware. Tried this one twice and multiple reboots but it just isn't updating the client list for me and i can't see the rx and tx rates for the clients in the network map which is a deal breaker. Similalry i updated my XT8 V1 to the latest firmware but after multiple re-installs, hard resets its just dropping clients and reconnecting them causing it to be unusable for me. Will need to wait till the next firmware's or someone smarter than me works out a fix
Same here, totally unstable connections in aiMesh, loses connections with nodes.

I will say that the issues you are seeing are with the XT8, not the GT-AX11000 and/or firmwares. I fought with that router and stability for months(I bought and returned multiple), some times it would work great until a reboot or firmware upgrade, then stability went out the window. No matter if I reverted the previous working firmware, factory reset or even tried every firmware from 42095 to the latest, stability never returned easily. I got tired of dealing with that and decided to try the XT9 being it was physically the same as the XT8 and the mount I had still worked and that router no matter what firmware I used/tested, has worked perfectly, not one connection or backhaul issue like every XT8 I tested had. Maybe v2.0 of the XT8 works just as good as the XT9 but I never got a chance to test one, so I will say anyone complaining about connection issues with the XT8 v1.0s should try another router

Last edited:
My setup is fairly complex with an AX1000 as router and 2 AX88, 2 XT8, 1 AX11000 and 1 AX86 (the last one hardwired) as AiMesh nodes. With this firmware in AX11000 and the same new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22237 in my AX88s, the mesh went unusable, the AX11000 and the AX88s all dropping out, coming and going. *The XT8s remained stable*. Of course router and all nodes were hard reset and reinstalled into the mesh. Before this update the setup was stable in my environment with roughly 50 clients, many of them smart home stuff and cameras. On top of that a few thread devices.

I was able to confirm that the port link speed DISPLAY, at least for the 2.5G and WAN ports, is completely hosed, so don’t go by that. It does work correctly in terms of the actual link speed, if you comb the log you can see the correct speeds are being set and maintained. For me the 2.5G is operating there, but the display only shows 1G, and WAN will only show 1G of the 2.5G port is operating at 2.5G, otherwise it shows 100M.

Basically the short version is the ports are working normally, it is just the display of them in the Network map that is broken.

Having been using this FW for a few days with 7 rt-ax92u nodes and everything working good so far. I tried the vpn fusion and set one chrome cast with Google tv to use PIA vpn and it worked flawlessly. It's really a neat feature.

My setup is fairly complex with an AX1000 as router and 2 AX88, 2 XT8, 1 AX11000 and 1 AX86 (the last one hardwired) as AiMesh nodes. With this firmware in AX11000 and the same new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22237 in my AX88s, the mesh went unusable, the AX11000 and the AX88s all dropping out, coming and going. *The XT8s remained stable*. Of course router and all nodes were hard reset and reinstalled into the mesh. Before this update the setup was stable in my environment with roughly 50 clients, many of them smart home stuff and cameras. On top of that a few thread devices.
Was using the latest Merlin 388.1 firmware on both GT-AX11000 (main + node in AiMesh) without issues.
So when Asus posted the new 388 firmware, i upgraded both.
When both on new firmware 388.22237, after some time the AiMesh Node clients all got disconnected and whole system got unstable... and restart of system was needed.
Reverted back only the AiMesh node to previous firmware 386.49599 and for now the system is again stable for 5 days, so maybe indeed some issue in 388.22237 in regards to AiMesh ??

Anybody already some news about the buggy 388.22237 firmware? New Beta?
By now Asus should be back from holidays and aware of the issue...
Seems it's not only releated to Ax11000, other routers with same firmware have similar issues....

After I did a factory reset and restored the settings from backup, I no longer have any problem with AX11000 - 388.22237, btw I like this FW mainly for great WireGuard VPN

Last edited:
Yes, for the main router this is indeed the case, for the AiMesh nodes however this firmware is not OK !

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!