What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 is now available for all supported models.

EDIT (29/09/2016): 380.62_1 is now available, which addresses security and stability issues in OpenSSL.

The focus of this release is bug fixing and various webui tweaks and improvements. There is no new GPL code and no new driver in this release.

A factory default reset is not needed if coming from a recent version (380.60 or newer). Your mileage may vary with anything older than that.

Here is a list of the most important changes since 380.61:

• The nano text editor has been added into the firmware. This is a more user-friendly editor than vi, which will make it easier to edit custom scripts and config files over SSH. See https://www.nano-editor.org/ for the documentation.
  • Passwords will no longer be visible by default on various pages. On the OpenVPN server page for instance, a checkbox must be ticked to display the current passwords. On the Wireless configuration page, you must click inside the WPA key to reveal its content.
  • Redesigned the Wireless Log page, allowing to display the IPv6 of any connected client, and also providing more space to report longer hostnames.
  • The WAN configuration now allows you to provide with a vendor class ID (DHCP option 60) for ISPs requiring it
  • Various components updated to their latest versions: minidlna, OpenVPN, OpenSSL and nettle.
  • Editing OpenVPN/PPTP usernames or passwords longer than 32 characters will no longer corrupt the list
  • Numerous memory leaks were fixed in the networkmap service
  • Enabling SSH brute force protection would break IPv6 on MIPS routers
  • A recent version broke the filename used by IPTraffic for its database on the RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300. You might need to either re-create a new database, or rename the existing database from tomato_cstats_000000000000.gz (if it exists) to tomato_cstats_XXXXXXXXXXXX.gz, where "XXXXXXXXXXXX" is your MAC as found by running "nvram get et2macaddr" over ssh, in lowercase. Look at the tomato_rstats_XXXXXXXXXXX.gz filename if you need an example (if you have regular traffic monitoring enabled, as that file wasn't affected).
  • The XSS security fixes from 3.0.0.4.380_4005 have been integrated.
  • Smart Connect rules couldn't be saved on dual-band models (fix backported from 3.0.0.4.380_3941)
  • Numerous other fixes and changes, please see the Changelog for complete details.

Please keep posts in this thread on this specific release. Start a separate thread for general support questions.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Loaded and rockin'! Thank you sir. :cool:

merlin.JPG
merlin.JPG

***EDIT***

FIRST!!! :D

The focus of this release is bug fixing and various webui tweaks and improvements. There is no new GPL code and no new driver in this release.

Right move/approach IMO!

Right move/approach IMO!

One of the reasons is once the new 382 code base comes out, there's no telling yet what will happen. But most likely, some models won't be updated for months (and some might also have to be completely dropped). I wanted to have one more polished release out for everyone first, so it could be used for the coming months for those that won't be updated for a while.

I'm already running it since yesterday, updated my git up to the openssl update and compiled it. That became the final anyway. I have no problems that I can detect at the moment. I suspect I will be running this version for a long time, ASUS seems to update rarely this model for some reason, but they do update it. I really hope it won't be completely dropped, it uses the same SDK as the RT-AC68U with minimal differences except its own binary blobs.

I know you posted the change log...any big fixes since Beta 1?

I'd like to try Merlin again, but I want to know if you've noticed any problems using 5 GHz AC and playing Diablo 3 or any Blizzard game for that matter. I don't seem to have the problem with DD-WRT at all, and plus your QoS works.

As always, thank you for the quick releases and the work you do!

I know you posted the change log...any big fixes since Beta 1?

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/asuswrt$ git log --oneline 380.62-beta1..380.62
557b25b Bumped revision to 380.62 final ; updated documentation
e0312f4 openssl: updated to 1.0.2i
de32694 webui: Disable auto-complete on a few pages by setting fields as taking new passwords - setting it to off doesn't work
e185d2f webui: If we don't know a wifi client's IP, report it as unknown instead of leaving the field blank
71dd92e webui: escape gt/lt characters when a wireless client hostname is set to <unknown>, so it gets properly displayed
c3e8db8 nano: Add xterm-256color to built-in terminfo, as some terminals use it by default

Uploaded on AC68U with no issues.
I have removed nano from Entware with a simple remove command and now get the 2.7.0 version, however i also got
Code:
Removing package nano from root...
Not deleting modified conffile /opt/etc/nanorc.
Do i have to clean up anything there?

Uploaded on AC68U with no issues.
I have removed nano from Entware with a simple remove command and now get the 2.7.0 version, however i also got
Code:
Removing package nano from root...
Not deleting modified conffile /opt/etc/nanorc.
Do i have to clean up anything there?

Not necessarily. This is just a config file, and it won't be used by the built-in nano. You can remove it if you wish:

Code:
rm /opt/etc/nanorc

Are the checksums correct??
For the AC-68u i get
Code:
016a3b418922fa073ea9dd0aa2113615330d384688d85e787aef6c544cf45a08
instead of
Code:
3c5f39aa12f180a977f76d8f28cbf072273931735d0a8fd5cbd40fd9464da8f0
(provided on https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/download)

i already tried re-downloading

EDIT: as mentioned below it was my fault: the checksum refers to the firmware file, not the zip

Last edited:
Did you unpack ZIP?
I get right SHA256

Are the checksums correct??
For the AC-68u i get
Code:
016a3b418922fa073ea9dd0aa2113615330d384688d85e787aef6c544cf45a08
instead of
Code:
3c5f39aa12f180a977f76d8f28cbf072273931735d0a8fd5cbd40fd9464da8f0
(provided on https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/download)

i already tried re-downloading

You probably did a checksum on the zip file. That's wrong. You need to that on the trx file. Unzip first :)

installed and running smoothly

Last edited:
RT-AC3200

Upgraded from the beta , progress bar got to 95% , page refreshed and GUI was replaced with a blank white page.

WiFi lights were off, but the router just sat doing nothing for 35 minutes.

I rebooted and it took another 5 minutes to load properly.

Will keep testing.

I just uploaded this version for my ac88u. It was working fine, but the light showing no internet connection was lit. This was incorrect. Internet was fully functional. I rebooted the router, and the trouble light cleared.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!