What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I don't need a tutorial how to install Entware, I need only to know if now Entware included in Merlin's firmware is the same with all updates as Entware-NG.

I thought when you turn on traffic monitoring per IP, NAT acceleration will be turned off by default?

Edit: RMerlin mentioned it here

Merlin does not say NAT acceleration is turned off by default. He is pointing out the message on the GUI that tells you, that you the user , need to turn it off if you want accurate results.

Just in case anyone cares: After the downgrade my 2.4 gHz wifi is stable as a rock again.
Since this box is only a WiFi accesspoint I don't care that much about upgrades, so I'll stay at trusty and stable 380.64_1 :)

I have a bunch of Asus routers I use as Access Points but I have not had any problems with any of the later Merlin releases 61 .. 62 .. 63 .. 64 ..65 .. 66 .. 67 beta3 but I noticed a difference in wifi performance/range from release 64 and forward :) I think I'm overdoing it because many of the great updates Merlin do for each release is for all router features not Access Point. I could probably have stayed with 64 and be happy.

UI stopped working after some time. I upgraded from 380.66_4 to 380.66_6 may be an hour ago. Including manual power cycle.
First everything worked ok. But after 20-30 minutes routers homepage stopped responding. Now I cannot open routers interface neither through 192.168.1.1 nor using asus iOS application.

Ditto. WEB GUI is not working after flashing from 380.66_4 to 380.66_6 on both an AC1900(AC68U) and AC88U. See this original. My symptoms agree with yours, NO GUI.. but the routers are both allowing wireless access.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac68u-not-working-after-flashing-with-latest-build.40007/
Were you able to resolve it?
I've tried different browsers (FF and IE latest) and clearing the cache etc.. in both cases. no luck. G. Mobley

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I don't need a tutorial how to install Entware, I need only to know if now Entware included in Merlin's firmware is the same with all updates as Entware-NG.

The firmware itself does not include Entware, only an install script, which is set to use Entware-NG.

Merlin does not say NAT acceleration is turned off by default. He is pointing out the message on the GUI that tells you, that you the user , need to turn it off if you want accurate results.

turning on IPTraffic (per IP monitoring), disables HW Accleration by default and has for quite a while for same reason QOS turns it off by default, it incompatible with them.

Traffic Monitoring and IPTraffic are separate cases.

IPTraffic will force disable CTF because it's flat out incompatible (CTF would bypass the iptables rules used to generate traffic accounting).
Traffic Monitoring doesn't, as it can still possibly work. Asus added a notice a year or two ago to the webui stating that CTF might need to be disabled for accurate results. Results seem to vary between users.

Traffic Monitor on or off it was accurate with speeds it showed for me and Traffic Monitor useless to me with out PER IP cause i want to know specifically what device the traffic comes from.

Sadly I can no longer use PER IP do to i need HW Acceleration/CTF or 200mbit I have my ISP till November is wasted, cause the router will never past 110mbit with out it. and buy new router that can isnt worth it when I most likely wont keep the 200mbit.

After flashing and setting up from scratch 380.66_6 on my RT-AC68U I wanna reinstall Entware on it.
I'm not sure what is the best option here, to use Merlin's version or NG?
This thread: Entware-ng for arm, mipsel ... is your friend for installing the newest version of Entware - called Entware-NG!

Hi guys,
I have a strange issue since upgrade to 380.66_6 (and _4 earlier)...

NTP does no longer work - it is always the year 2015... thus OpenVPN does not work anymore, because my certificates are 'not valid yet'...

There seem to be different issues:
a) there is no /etc/ntp.conf
b) DNS configuration after ssh does not work... nslookup points to 127.0.0.1

So, even if I manually fix ntp.conf with server names, DNS lookup won't work.
Doing it with IPs directly, it works.
Anyway, both solutions won't survive a reboot...

Any clue what's wrong?
This is so strange, because with my normal Wifi-clients there is no issue at all.
It is all inside my RT-AC68U.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks
Markus

Traffic Monitoring and IPTraffic are separate cases.

IPTraffic will force disable CTF because it's flat out incompatible (CTF would bypass the iptables rules used to generate traffic accounting).
Traffic Monitoring doesn't, as it can still possibly work. Asus added a notice a year or two ago to the webui stating that CTF might need to be disabled for accurate results. Results seem to vary between users.
I'm one of the odd ball users. If CTF AND FC are OFF Traffic Monitoring gives garbage results.

Upgraded to the latest firmware on my Asus and now suddenly the internet cuts out randomly at unexpected times, sometimes happening 3+ times a day. Also the TV's are unable to connect to the internet via the ethernet as it fails to acquire a network adress, any help?

Upgraded to the latest firmware on my Asus and now suddenly the internet cuts out randomly at unexpected times, sometimes happening 3+ times a day. Also the TV's are unable to connect to the internet via the ethernet as it fails to acquire a network adress, any help?
Have you tried factory reset on the router and setting it up again manually.

Was the wireless driver on the AC-68U updated in a recent firmware? I'm using mine in AP mode and it drops the 5ghz band randomly. All my Apple devices (iPhones, iPads) lose connection but my Android tablet and wired desktop works. When I check the Asus client list it shows the Android tablet dropped to 2.4ghz automatically and the Apple devices don't which is why they don't have a connection. After a few minutes the 5ghz comes back online and works again. I checked the system log and there are no messages.

I've disabled airtime fairness and have tried re configuring the router by holding down the WPS button which reset the settings. I've tried using a Netgear X6S from Costco for a week and didn't have any issues, same with using an AP AC Lite with the same channel (149, 80mhz). Each devices was tested individually so there was only one wireless AP used at one time.

Is this a hardware issue? Anything else I can try like reverting to a firmware with older wireless drivers if it was updated recently? This definitely wasn't happening last year.

Have you tried changing the 5 Ghz channel? I had to do that a few months ago when the 5 Ghz band started having issues. I haven't had problems since then.

On my 68U B1 with CTF+FA the Traffic Monitor was not counting all the traffic. Once I turned FA off it then appears to be correctly accounting for all the traffic. Went from an average of 3 gigs a day to 50 gigs a day which sounds about right.

Just a quick heads up that Merlin firmware 380.67 has now been released.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!