What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available. While this release isn't perfect, it reached a stability point where the remaining issues have been consuming too many hours of my time and I'm still unable to reproduce them. Since it's working fine for the vast majority, I decided it was high time to have this wrapped up, so I could move on to working with newer code base, with hopefully the remaining fixes in there.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 384_10007. Note that AiMesh is NOT supported. Due to its complexity, a lot of work will be required to determine whether or not supporting it is possible. Initial analysis wasn't looking good on that front.
  • Added support for the RT-AC3200 (based on 382_19466 components). Note that once upgraded to 382/384, the RT=AC3200 gets upgraded to 128 KB nvram, which means you can NOT downgrade back to any 380.xx release.
  • RT-AC3200 supports once again up to 5 OpenVPN clients (like other models).
  • Updated nano to 2.9.3. You can also now configure it through /jffs/configs/nanorc (see the nano documentation for syntax).
  • Security fix for CVE-2018-5721.
  • NAT acceleration for PPPoE has been fixed for most models (can't provide a definitive list since I can't test it)
  • Repeater mode fix backported from GPL 384_20287
  • Workaround for broken clients like Samsung TVs that insists on requesting localhost as a hostname
  • Fixed ipset on the RT-AC86U
  • Various other fixes to IPv6, PPTP clients, networkmap - see the changelog for details

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

As I was waiting for Sourceforge to resolve issues on their end which were preventing me from releasing this (they just went through a datacenter migration that ran into quite a few problems), I was able to start working on merging 384_20379. Things are already fairly advanced on that front. Hopefully the 384.4 development cycle should be less painful than 382.2 and 384.3 have been.

I'm also gonna see if I can squeeze some time in to get a minor 380.70 release out to fully close down that branch, since 384.4 should in theory implement support for the last missing models (RT-AC5300 and RT-AC87U) - if all goes well. I haven't had time to spend much time on either of these yet.

Great job, Merlin! Thank you.

Looking forward to 384.4.

Thank you for your wonderful work, Merlin!

Nice work Eric! 384.3 running great on both routers AC68U and AC3100.

Upgraded from 382.2 beta 3 and did a factory reset. Haven't encountered any issues so far.

Thanks, Eric!

Workaround for broken clients like Samsung TVs that insists on requesting localhost as a hostname

I have a sat box that does this. I can confirm that the issue is resolved with the latest firmware.

Thanks , so far working well

Thank you for your hard work on this, I know many appreciate it. :)

Upgraded over Beta 3 and so far no issues. Definitely appreciate all your hard work!

Is a factory reset recommended if upgrading from 382.1_2?

I ask because I don’t see anything saying it’s needed and technically this is the first non-Beta release since that version (2 if you count the aborted 382.2 version).

Is a factory reset recommended if upgrading from 382.1_2?

I ask because I don’t see anything saying it’s needed and technically this is the first non-Beta release since that version (2 if you count the aborted 382.2 version).

Shouldn't be, but some things might require reconfiguration. I don't remember the actual list of which were changed since 382.1, sorry.

Merlin,

There isn’t a 384_20379 for my model router. Is that new?

Thanks.

Merlin,

There isn’t a 384_20379 for my model router. Is that new?

Thanks.
I don't understand your question.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

When will you transition the RT-AC5300 to the 384 builds?
I’m now running the factory FW again instead of 380.69

I don't understand your question.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
You mentioned build 384_20379 in post #2, I just noticed that build is for another model. My apologies for the confusing question. I’m up way to late.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!