Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-InstallerThe Official Installer of AdGuardHome for Asuswrt-Merlin
- ARM based ASUS routers (not bridges or access points) that use Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware
- JFFS support and enabled
- REQUIRES ENTWARE(!) for package management, and a separate USB drive for storage -i.e. the same drive Entware is stored.
- Recommended to have a 2gb swap file. (can be made with amtm).
- No Known Issues
- AdGuardHome Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server, with multiple dns protocol encryption, and other features.
- Support ARM based routers
- Redirect all DNS queries on your network to AdGuardHome if user chooses to use Merlin DNS Filter Option
- Ability to update AdGuardHome without reinstalling/reconfiguring
- Improved Installer/Update/Backup Functions.
AdGuardHome Supports Multiple Features
- 126.96.36.199: plain DNS (over UDP).
- tls://dns-unfiltered.adguard.com: encrypted DNS-over-TLS.
- https://cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query: encrypted DNS-over-HTTPS.
- quic://dns-unfiltered.adguard.com:784: experimental DNS-over-QUIC support.
- tcp://188.8.131.52: plain DNS (over TCP).
- sdns://...: DNS Stamps for DNSCrypt or DNS-over-HTTPS resolvers.
- [/example.local/]184.108.40.206: DNS upstream for specific domains, see below.
A good list of dns servers and how to use them can be found in this post :
Did you try a reboot? If that fails, the next step is the famous L&LD guides....
Setting Up Your Routers Reverse DNS
- Under Lan DHCP page on Asuswrt-Merlin define a domain such as lan or some-domain like in the image above.
- Define the appropriate rules inside the Private Reverse DNS Servers.
- It should be noted that the Some-Domain line should be placed in the upstream DNS section.
Install/Update/Reconfig/Uninstall:Run this command from ssh shell and following the prompt for AdGuardHome:
curl -L -s -k -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jumpsmm7/Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer/master/installer && sh installer
Terminal Commands supported by AdGuardHome
New Supported Commands (recommended commands):
How to check if it worksRun this command in the ssh shell:
Checking AdGuardHome... alive.
- While this is an ad-blocker just like Diversion, for all intensive purposes it shall be treated as an alternative and not a replacement. Diversion will continue to function as is.
- This script is not intended to be run on Access Points or Bridges.
- While browser adblocking can benefit along side AdGuardHome, AdGuardHome is meant to be your only DNS ad-blocking solution, support will not be provided for missconfigurations involving more than one DNS ad-blocking solution.
- This script is only intended to install AdGuardHome as a basic local DNS service on an Asuswrt-Merlin router running in router mode, any extra configurations or missconfigurations on your part are beyond the scope of this installer.
- This script does not install/configure AdGuardHome as a Remote DoH,DoT,DoQ, or Dnscrypt DNS server.
- Feel free to use this thread to share information with each other.