What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not particularly other than installing Unbound manager (basic) and installing adguardhome

Then place unbound listening addresses inside adguardhome upstream like so
Code:
tcp://127.0.0.1:53535
127.0.0.1:53535

IIRC unbound manager uses port 53535 for port.
thanks mate, for the upstream list, do i remove everything and replace with the unbound details? thanks

thanks mate, for the upstream list, do i remove everything and replace with the unbound details? thanks
Only servers that look similar to this, basically don't remove any of the lines that look like they may be pointed for the router. Remove anything that points to an upstream

E.g. of what to remove

Code:
tcp://9.9.9.9
Or
tcp://8.8.8.8

Or anything you personally added to use for upstream.

Not particularly other than installing Unbound manager (basic) and installing adguardhome

Then place unbound listening addresses inside adguardhome upstream like so
Code:
tcp://127.0.0.1:53535
127.0.0.1:53535

IIRC unbound manager uses port 53535 for port.
And how to check, that after installation, the whole setup is working as it should. I mean Unbound as recursive DNS server and ADH for blocking other stuff. Is there any other additional recommendations what to install (Unbound+AGH+...) for max safety reasons?
Thanks.

And how to check, that after installation, the whole setup is working as it should. I mean Unbound as recursive DNS server and ADH for blocking other stuff. Is there any other additional recommendations what to install (Unbound+AGH+...) for max safety reasons?
Thanks.
Unbound is already setup with the correct defaults to run as recursive, but you are welcome to cruz over to the unbound manager thread and ask for any additional improvises you think It might need. I run mine as is straight out of the box install. I recommend asking in their thread if you have any Unbound issues. While I have my setup that works for me it is not a one size fits all solution everyone will benefit from.

followed the info you gave thanks again, dns test shows that my ip is showing which is normal but my other dns from the bootstrap are showing, how do i stop that? disabled the cache on agh, any other settings you recommend to change on that side too?

it actually only shows cloudflares dns now. is this becase of how agh works or am i missing something so simple lol

Last edited:
followed the info you gave thanks again, dns test shows that my ip is showing which is normal but my other dns from the bootstrap are showing, how do i stop that? disabled the cache on agh, any other settings you recommend to change on that side too?

it actually only shows cloudflares dns now.
Sounds like you have your browser dns turned on maybe? a.k.a. Mozilla Firefox DoH settings maybe?

So unbound will run in recursive mode well with AdGuard home and is that way by default?
It is really something you must determine for your self. If I were you, I would just glance over the last few pages of post and make sure you have a grasp on what you are doing. And Yes Unbound installed by unbound manager runs in recursive mode by default. That is the only benefitial way of running it along side AdGuardHome. Any other method would be a waste of router resources.

So I am running ADgaurd and Diversion on my AX88U with the latest Merlin, is this supported ?

Can I remove Diversion and only have ADgaurd and can it be enough ?

So I am running ADgaurd and Diversion on my AX88U with the latest Merlin, is this supported ?

Can I remove Diversion and only have ADgaurd and can it be enough ?

If it helps, I just swapped Diversion for AdGuard because I use TrendMicro and Adaptive/Flex QoS and was having issues on my AX88U upgrading to beta and the new merlin firmware. Those issues seem unrelated though.

Blocking the exact same stuff with some basic testing, also works well with unbound. No idea about Skynet so I just left it for now. I use most of the other add-ons that you use and no issues for the past couple hours.

I love the interface and no noticeable difference performance wise. They did great work providing this add on.

Okay maybe share screen shots of your lan dhcp page, and your WAN connections page. Also make sure all VPNS are turned off and all "web browser" dns servers are disabled.

I also saw you had issues using diversion as well. While I can try to give you suggestions on what to try, this would only be supplemental to what you already know. However, I will not be able to supplant a fix for something on your end.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I deal with some significant health issues and I got knocked horizontal for a bit. I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow and I'm confident we can get this working.

thanks

Okay maybe share screen shots of your lan dhcp page, and your WAN connections page. Also make sure all VPNS are turned off and all "web browser" dns servers are disabled.

I also saw you had issues using diversion as well. While I can try to give you suggestions on what to try, this would only be supplemental to what you already know. However, I will not be able to supplant a fix for something on your end.

Hi. Here are the screenshots requested. I did bomb out with Merlin as well. I used to have Merlin running fine, but then my router really buggered up and I had to reset it. I could never get it running again. I'm not sure what you mean by web browser DNS server.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• lan dhcp screenshot.jpg
    lan dhcp screenshot.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 993
  • wan screenshot.jpg
    wan screenshot.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 990

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!