What's new

DNScrypt dnscrypt installer for asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just found something interesting in my testing.....if you use OpenDNS for your DNSCrypt DNS over your VPN, it blocks AAAA DNS records. So it also closes IPv6 leaks over the VPN in a dual stack setup. (I had thought I needed to load a dnscrypt plugin to do this)
Uhhh.....never mind:oops: Turns out something in my windows stack went haywire with me continually disconnecting/reconnecting. Reset the adapter and IPv6 is back.

Thanks to @john9527's help, I was able to do the same thing he does with starting dnscrypt-proxy right at boot so you no longer have some stray DNS resolves at router start up.

I finally put this script into release status.

Changes from previous announcement:
- Fix problem with xargs was removed in 380.64
- Update patched dnscrypt-proxy to fix issue with --ignore-timestamps
- Use new method to handle starting dnscrypt-proxy at boot, no more DNS
leaks

What is the best way to remove the beta and install the release ? Can I simply install over the beta ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How can I check that it works?

Thank you!
It obviously doesn't work. The page displays the old DNS servers.
No error messages in the log (AC87U /380.64 + AB-Solution).

I finally put this script into release status.

Now, for the next step.....I just started testing multiple DNSCrypt servers and IPv6 support on my fork. :)

dnscrypt-multi.png

Thank you!
It obviously doesn't work. The page displays the old DNS servers.
No error messages in the log (AC87U /380.64 + AB-Solution).
Sometimes dns caching can get in the way. Make sure you close and re-open your browser. For the client, clear the dns cache (for windows 'ipconfig /flushdns') or reboot.

I already did, but nothing changes. The old DNS ... :(

Well, the early beta worked perfectly for me but the current release did not work at all....Very spotty internet.

How can I check that it works?
Check my first post again. I added a section about checking if this works.

@eclp and @RacerRon , one thing to note, please remember to restart the router after installation. If you haven't, it still uses your current configuration. If it still doesn't work, I will ask for further details (it's long).

I did restart router and internet was on and off again for a few minutes. Then internet access just went off. This was after installing directly over the beta that was working.
I have since deleted the Dnscrypt from jffs and internet returned to normal. I the installed Merlin's latest release (was on beta 3) , formatted jffs ,and reinstalled....All is working great now.

I did restart router and internet was on and off again for a few minutes. Then internet access just went off. This was after installing directly over the beta that was working.
I have since deleted the Dnscrypt from jffs and internet returned to normal. I then installed Merlin's latest release (was on beta 3) , formatted jffs ,and reinstalled....All is working great now.

I have since deleted the Dnscrypt from jffs and internet returned to normal. I the installed Merlin's latest release (was on beta 3) , formatted jffs ,and reinstalled....All is working great now.

I'd like to look at why it didn't work but you formatted it :D. The beta code was kind of a mess as I was in a rush to make it compatible with AB-Solution but I have made code to handle these, dunno why it didn't work. BTW which router model are you using?

Sorry, Ac88u.....Sorry for the double post... Stupid smartphone not cooperating with me. Wish I had known you wanted files before I deleted but, had elderly in-laws grumbling about internet not working [emoji6]. I had to fix fast.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!