What's new

DNScrypt dnscrypt installer for asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry for this, I mistook one of variable in installer script. Fixed it installer script now https://github.com/thuantran/dnscry...mmit/83ff72538ff1bb437b97ef0a52d5f6b5ae7ee72b, so it should work for you right off the bat now, e.g. from clean /jffs. @Rodger_88 and @RacerRon thanks for the patience.
Thanks!

I use 4 different VPN services in my OpenVPN clients, and one in particular I have to use their DNS servers while connected, otherwise I have problems with the connection. Is there a way to disable DNScrypt when using OpenVPN clients?

Edit: I found Turning on AiProtection > DNS filtering (and making sure all devices are using a DNS filter) allowed the VPN services I'm using in the OpenVPN clients to use their own DNS for some reason. And when I disconnect from the VPN I turn off DNS Filtering and DNScrypt works again.

Last edited:
Sorry for this, I mistook one of variable in installer script. Fixed it installer script now https://github.com/thuantran/dnscry...mmit/83ff72538ff1bb437b97ef0a52d5f6b5ae7ee72b, so it should work for you right off the bat now, e.g. from clean /jffs. @Rodger_88 and @RacerRon thanks for the patience.
I just did a clean install after a wipe and setup of AB-Solution. Dnscrypt installed perfectly. Thank you for your efforts, time , and patience. I should have caught the scripts being non executable. All is well now. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

@Rodger_88 Sorry as I don't know and use that setup I don't know how to configure stuffs for it. If someone can chime in how that's normally done, maybe I can come up with something.

I had a router that had a scripts file which prevented the scripts directory from being created. You might want to check for this condition and alert the user in your script. I just removed the file. I am not sure what it's purpose was (it was not clear text). Also, it would be great if we could choose multiple options for nameservers like 1,4,10 or something. As for the dns cache. I see dnsmasq already handles that - as you mentioned. Would it be possible for the script to offer a notification of the current value (seems like the default is 1500) and offer to adjust it? Great work and thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's from DNSSEC...
/rant on
I hate these error messages that leave out important info.....tell us what domain was insecure!
/rant off

How many of these are your seeing? One theory from a quick look at the code is that it's complaining about results that are being returned by localhost (the adblock entries).

Sorry if this sounds dumb, can this be used in conjunction with DNSSEC (enabled) in asuswrt-merlin firmware ?

How does one check to ensure DNSSEC and DNSCrypt are both working?

Any tips on choosing a DNS Server (except closest to you), saw plenty to choose from when installing but not sure how one determines which are considered safe, as some seems to be setup by just anyone from what i can tell.

Cheers.

Hello!

My dnscrypt crashed!

If I uninstall everything works, if I re-install and independent of the DNS server I choose the internet no longer works.

Some help @john9527?

Hello!

My dnscrypt crashed!

If I uninstall everything works, if I re-install and independent of the DNS server I choose the internet no longer works.

Some help @john9527?
Just to avoid confusion.....
If you are using my fork with the integrated DNSCrypt support, please post in the 374.43 LTS thread....

If you are using the installer, maybe @bigeyes0x0 may need some other data.....

Thanks very much for this. DNSCrypt installed without issue on my 88U. I chose OpenDNS as I am already registered with them. It works a treat, easy to set up. Thanks again.

Last edited:
can i watch american tv if i install dnscrypt with american dnscrypt-proxy ?

can i watch american tv if i install dnscrypt with american dnscrypt-proxy ?
No, DNS is not enough - even most VPN will not work anymore... :oops:

Has anyone here this dnscrypt-installer already successfully with the new AB-Solution (3.6.5) in the employment?

The thread starter is probably no longer here ..?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!