[RELEASE] PWRMON v1.18 -Sep 19, 2022- Monitor your Tesla Powerwall(s) - Solar - Grid - Home Stats! NEW: Email Notifications, Large font Dashboard!

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Part of the Furniture
Sounds pretty "salty"... LOL! :D
definitely!
1663642046846.png

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Releasing v1.18 today... enjoy!

What's new?
v1.18 - (September 19, 2022)
- ADDED: Email notification capabilities
for major grid events: Down, Syncing or Return to Normal. Added the necessary setup menu items to record TO:, FROM:, SMTP Server, SMTP Port, Password, etc. Please note, this has only been tested on SSL SMTP connections, like smtps://smtp.gmail.com on port 465. I can add other methods of authentication if requests are made. Please note #2, in order for you to make use of a service like gmail in a case like this, you will need to obtain an "app password" to provide the necessary authentication using this method. And note #3, your smtp password is encrypted and saved in a config file that resides locally on the router under /jffs/addons/pwrmon.d/pwrmon.cfg, however, please know that due to the security constraints on these types of routers, I would still consider this to be an unsafe method of storage, and could still very easily be compromised by someone who knows what they're doing. Only use non-essential email accounts to send or receive these emails so you don't risk a primary account compromise!
- CHANGED: The behavior of the "pwrmon -screen" command, so that when you execute this commandline parameter, it first will look for orphaned screens and wipe them... then, it will launch PWRMON into a new screen environment, and connect to it. This skips the original behavior where it drops back to a command prompt, and asks the user to connect to the PWRMON screen by requiring the user to run the "screen -r pwrmon" command. If a screen session is already running, and you type "pwrmon -screen", it will then connect to this screen session without requiring any user input. Thanks much to @TITAN for the great suggestion!

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/PWRMON/master/pwrmon-1.18.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh"

Significant Screenshots:
On the main page (1), a new visualization of the Powerwall Config, showing charge, email alerts, PW mode, and reserve power
View attachment 44300

From the setup screen, the new options available to configure your powerwall email notifications!
View attachment 44301
are you using the shared amtm email config or your own? i know which i'd suggest using :)

Viktor Jaep

Very Senior Member
are you using the shared amtm email config or your own? i know which i'd suggest using :)
I'm actually using my own... I was seriously considering using the shared AMTM config, but decided against it. I may still reconsider in the future, but I wanted the experience to build this into the app and have it feel more like a one-stop-shop.

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
I'm actually using my own... I was seriously considering using the shared AMTM config, but decided against it. I may still reconsider in the future, but I wanted the experience to build this into the app and have it feel more like a one-stop-shop.
if i remember what i did in connmon, i think i used the shared credentials but my own targets. by the way, if you feel like having discord notifications, feel free to pick up that code ;-)

Viktor Jaep

Very Senior Member
if i remember what i did in connmon, i think i used the shared credentials but my own targets. by the way, if you feel like having discord notifications, feel free to pick up that code ;-)
Thanks!! :) I was also looking into SMS notifications, but man... they all CHARGE $$$! :(

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Thanks!! :) I was also looking into SMS notifications, but man... they all CHARGE $$$! :(
yeah SMS usually incurs a cost. i did look at a library that provides all sorts of notification options but felt like it was cheating and rolled my own. i think i landed with Discord, and Pushover which does have mobile app options - cant remember if free/paid or free to a certain limit.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!